March 31, 2008
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
* Successfully completed your SPM, STPM, O-Levels, A-Levels & Diploma
* Or presently a Year 1 Undergraduate student
* Excellent academic achievement with emphasis in English
* Demonstration of leadership skills through active participation in extra-curricular activities. e.g. societies and clubs, sports, etc.
* Strong academic record and realistic expectation of a high CGPA or its equivalent
Preferred disciplines for scholarships include:
* Engineering (Petroleum, Chemical, Electrical and Mechanical)
* Sciences (Geosciences, Chemistry and Physics)
* Business Administration / Economics
* Finance & Accounting
* IT (includes Business/ Management IT)
Master of Science (MsC) in Geosciences
Candidate must posses a good Honours Degree or equivalent in the relevant field from a recognized university.
Applicants who are Malaysian citizens must possess a credit in Bahasa Melayu at the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) level or an equivalent qualification. Foreign and local students are required to have English proficiency in both written and spoken by the meeting one the following requirements:
* Minimum TOEFL score of 550 OR
* Minimum IELTS score of 6.0 OR
* Minimum ELTS score of Band-6 OR
* Minimum MUET score of Band-4.
Applicants who are native English speakers or holding a degree with English as the medium of instruction may be exempted from this requirement.
How to apply online
Please download, complete the scholarship application form & attach the form together with your CV & your academic results. Please apply online here before 31st March 2008.
Apply Now for the Shell Malaysia Scholarship programme
How to apply offline
Applications may be submitted provisionally based on latest semester results (for Matriculation students) or Trial Examination results (for STPM students). This may be done through schools or individually.
Shell Malaysia reserves the right for verification of the above.
Please indicate on the upper left side of the envelope whether your application is for Overseas or Local scholarship. Duly completed Application Form giving full personal and academic particulars, substantiated with certified copy of actual examination results, parents' salary slip/ Income Tax statement and other relevant documents should reach the following address. The closing date is 31st March 2008.
Download Application Form (Word document, 167KB)
For students from Sabah & Sarawak only, please mail your application to:
The Scholarship Coordinator
Sarawak Shell Berhad
Locked Bag No.1
98009, Miri, Sarawak
Application forms are also available from Shell offices and Education offices in both Sabah and Sarawak.
If you are from Sabah and Sarawak, for further details please contact:
Ms. Siti Rahanah 085-454477 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Henrietta Anita Jinggut 085-454027 email@example.com
If you are from West Malaysia, for further details please contact:
Shell Malaysia Scholarship,Recruitment,
Shell People Services Asia Sdn Bhd,
2nd Floor, Bangunan Shell Malaysia, Off Changkat Semantan,
Damansara Heights, 50490 KL.
* Interview is compulsory.
* Only shorlisted candidates will be notified.
* Incomplete Application Form and late submission will be rejected.