8 July 2011
- Malaysian students who will be pursuing full-time first-degree studies in 2011, in a recognised local public or private university or college (inclusive of local twinning programmes).
* This scholarship award is not open to children of employees of HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad, HSBC Amanah Malaysia Berhad, HSBC Amanah Takaful (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. and HSBC (Malaysia) Trustee Berhad
- Below 25 years of age
- Minimum 2As and a pass in the General Paper
- Minimum CGPA 3.5
- Whole duration of the programme/course (must be done locally)*
- Local private university or college - RM10,000 per annum *
- Local public university or college - RM8,000 per annum *
- Full-time degree studies
- Only students who are pursuing their first degree
- Must have gained admission into a recognised local public or private university or college
- For twinning programmes, the full duration of the programme must be done locally
- No restriction on field of studies
- No bond required
- Combined monthly household income is RM2,500 and below
- Applicants must not be in receipt of any other scholarship, or award from any educational institutions, or any other organisations / foundation
- Education loan is permissible if the scholarship amount is not sufficient to cover tuition fees
- Successful applicants must be able to maintain a CGPA of 3.30 or equivalent throughout the duration of his/her studies
Complete the application form; attach all certified true copies of relevant examination certificates and forward it to the address provided on the scholarship application form.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and will be required to attend an interview.
* The scholarship awarded is for the minimum period required to complete the course of study.