29 April 2012
Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia (PIDM) is a statutory body that actively promotes and contributes to public confidence in the stability of the Malaysian financial system. It also protects depositors against the loss of their deposits as well as takaful and insurance benefits in the unlikely event of a member institution failure.
The PIDM Undergraduate Scholarship Programme is intended to reach out to “deserving Malaysians” who are in need of financial aid to pursue their education locally.
WHAT DOES THE SCHOLARSHIP OFFER?
- Up to RM10,000 a year in course fees or the actual cost, whichever is lower;
- Up to RM2,000 in allowances for learning aids including books, computer, stationeries, and other material per semester or up to RM4,000 per year;
- Up to a maximum of RM6,000 allowance per year or RM500 per month;
- Induction Programme
An induction programme will be provided to all recipients of PIDM’s Scholarship Award. This is to ensure the recipients understand the mandate, vision, mission and values of PIDM.
- Mentoring and Coaching
Each recipient will be assigned a “mentor” from the PIDM Executive Management Committee (EMC). The mentor will provide consistent and continuous mentoring and coaching throughout the programme. This is to ensure that the recipients have the necessary support and are able to leverage on the experience of our management team.
- Internship Programme
As part of the strategic design of the programme, graduates will be offered paid six-month internship opportunities in PIDM to apply what you have learned in an operational context (minimum ‘Cumulative Grade Point Average’ (CGPA) of 3.00 or a minimum of ‘Second Class Upper’ in the final examinations).
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
The scholarship will be offered on a yearly basis to a maximum of ten successful applicants, to undertake up to 4 years of undergraduate studies locally.
This notice of offer for the scholarship is open for applications from all Malaysian students in need of funding commencing July 2012.
- You must be a Malaysian citizen under 25 years of age (as of 1 January 2012) and be a full time student;
- You must have good academic results in SPM/STPM or equivalent (with credits in Bahasa Malaysia and English);
- You must be a full-time student and have gained admission into any of the courses related to the field of studies listed here, which has been approved and accredited by Lembaga Akreditasi Negara (LAN), in a college or university in Malaysia as approved by PIDM;
- Not be in a position financially to take the course without financial aid or award;
- Not be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid or award from any institutions or any other organisations or foundation;
- Not have been terminated from or ceased to be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid or award from any institution, organisation or foundation, due to disciplinary action against the applicant;
- Applications will only be considered if they meet the eligibility criteria; the specific field of study and the list of colleges and universities as approved by PIDM.
The list of pre-requisites includes:
- A requirement to provide information on income for the applicant and/or parent(s);
- To submit a written essay in English of approximately 1,000 words on your chosen field of study and your aspirations in contributing to the financial services landscape and the country in general.
- The offer of scholarship will be subject to acceptance of the terms and conditions of a scholarship agreement with PIDM.
- There will be no bond to this scholarship and the recipients are not required to repay the amount of the scholarship awarded.
- Recipients of the scholarship awards will be required to fulfil conditions as set out in the scholarship agreement including, but not limited to, maintaining a minimum ‘Cumulative Grade Point Average’ (CGPA) of 3.00 or achieve a minimum of ‘Second Class Upper’ in the final examinations.
PIDM may discontinue the scholarship or any part of the scholarship, at any time should the recipient of the scholarship:
- be unable to continue his or her studies, for whatever reason;
- fail to achieve a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 in any semester or CGPA of 3.00;
- fail to maintain conduct which is consistent with the rules and regulations specified by the college or university and is placed on probation; or
- is in breach of any of the terms and conditions of the PIDM scholarship agreement.
3. Business Administration
5. International Business
6. Islamic Banking
7. Financial Banking and Management
8. Computer Science / Information Technology
10. International Financial Economics
12. Actuarial Science
13. Law / Shariah Law
14. Human Development / Human Resource Development
15. Mathematics (Actuary)
16. Risk Management and Insurance
APPROVED LIST OF COLLEGES OR UNIVERSITIES
PUBLIC HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS
1. Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UHTM)
2. Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM)
3. Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
4. Universiti Malaya (UM)
5. Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
6. Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
7. Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
8. Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
9. Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
10. Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
11. Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
12. Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
13. Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
14. Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
15. Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
PRIVATE HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS
1. Multimedia University (MMU)
2. Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
3. Universiti Tun Abdul Razak (UNIRAZAK)
4. Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)
5. Universiti Industri Selangor (UNISEL)
HOW DO I OBTAIN THE APPLICATION FORM?
Click on this link to download the application form
WHERE DO I SUBMIT THE FORM?
Please send your completed application form by hand or by post with all relevant documents to reach us no later than 29 April 2012 to:
General Manager,or email your application to email@example.com
Human Capital Division
Level 12, Quill 7, No. 9, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, Kuala Lumpur Sentral,
50470 Kuala Lumpur.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.