3 June 2012
THE MAXIS SCHOLARSHIP FOR EXCELLENCE AWARD (MSEA)
The Maxis Scholarship for Excellence Award (MSEA) presents young and outstanding Malaysians a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to embark on a journey that will allow them to realise their goals.
Maxis is offering undergraduate scholarships to our postpaid customers or children of our customers who have excelled both in their academic studies as well as their extra-curricular activities. This scholarship is also open for application to children of Maxis permanent and contract employees.
Maxis seeks well rounded individuals, who have demonstrated leadership skills in the classroom, as well as in sports, social work or other areas. Recipients of this scholarship will be able to pursue courses at either a local or overseas university – a significant step towards pursuing their life's dreams and ambitions.
ELIGIBILITY AND CRITERIA
- Applicants or their parents must be a Maxis postpaid customer with a minimum of one year tenure with Maxis postpaid services, having a good payment record with Maxis. Children of Maxis permanent and contract employees are also welcome to apply.
- Applicants must be Malaysian citizens aged below 23 years old.
- Applicants must not be bonded to any body and must have secured an unconditional offer or acceptance from a local or foreign university prior to receiving the Maxis Scholarship for Excellence Award (MSEA).
Note: Applicants may apply for the Maxis Scholarship for Excellence Award (MSEA) with a conditional offer letter from an approved local university or a preferred foreign university. However, they must have fully met the conditions of the offer prior to being awarded the scholarship.
- Applicants currently in their first or second year of undergraduate studies may also apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants must achieve the following academic results :
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or equivalent: minimum 6 As
- Either one of the following foundation courses:
- Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM): minimum 3 As, or
- Matriculation/Diploma: CGPA 3.5 or above, or
- A Level: minimum 3 As, or
- Australian TER: minimum 90.0, or
- Recognised Foundation/Pre-University courses: Equivalent to CGPA 3.5 or above, or
- International Baccalaureate: minimum 36.0
- Current first or second year students: must have CGPA of 3.5 or above.
- Applicants are also required to:
- Possess a good command of the English language, both written and oral;
- Excel in extra-curricular activities; and
- Possess leadership qualities.
- The local or overseas universities that applicants have applied to, or enrolled in, must be recognized by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education. The preferred list of universities are:
- Local Public and Private Universities
- Overseas Universities; Times Higher Education 2011-2012 Top 50 World Universities by Subject:
- Top 50 Arts and Humanities universities
- Top 50 Engineering and Technology universities
- Top 50 Physical Sciences universities
- Top 50 Social Sciences universities
- For local scholarship application, there is no restriction to applicants' field of study.
- For overseas scholarship application, the approved fields of study and courses are as below:
- Arts and Humanities
- English Language and Literature
- Political Science
- Engineering and Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Communication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Power Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Information Systems
- Physical Sciences
- Science Quantitative
- Social Sciences
- Accounting / Finance
- Actuarial Science / Studies
- Business / Business Administration
- Human Resources Management
- International Relations / Studies
- Mass Communication / Public Relations
- Media Studies
- Organizational /Social Psychology
- Public Administration
- Sales / Marketing
- Statistics & Operational Research
HOW TO APPLY
Please note that this application is only available online. MAXIS DOES NOT ACCEPT HARD COPIES OF ANY DOCUMENTS.
Applicants must prepare soft copies of the following documents, which should be certified as true copies and uploaded as 6 sets of files in the online application form.
- Proof of Age and Mobile Subscription: Certified Birth Certificate, Certified NRIC and the latest Maxis Mobile Postpaid Bill related to the mobile number used for application,
- Academic Transcripts: All school academic transcripts (UPSR, PMR and SPM) and foundation course results (STPM / A-Levels / Matriculation / Diploma / Foundation Program),
- University Offer: letter of offer / letter of acceptance / letter of admission / enrolment verification letter from the university,
- Letters of Recommendation: Two letters of recommendation from people who are qualified to provide insight into the applicant's potential for success and leadership,
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae: Summary of applicant's background and achievements, and
- Others: Any other documents that applicants wish to submit to strengthen their application, including copies of articles written, reports of volunteer work, extra-curricular certificates etc.
Each document set must not exceed the maximum file size of 2 MB.
A maximum of 6 file sets can be attached. Each file set must be combined and named under the above headers.
Upon closing of the application window, the scholarship committee will review the applications and shortlist eligible candidates for interviews. There will be one application evaluation period and two stages of interview before the final list of scholarship recipients are announced.
ONLY successful applicants will be notified via email and/or phone call.
Below is the planned timeline for the upcoming application window.
20 April 2012 - 3 June 2012: Application window
July 2012: First-level interview
August 2012: Second-level interview
September 2012: Announcement of scholarship recipients and scholarship award ceremony
* Timeline dates are approximate and subject to changes. Please visit this website for updates.
Hotline : 1 300 82 1717 (on weekdays between 9.30AM to 5.30PM)
Email : email@example.com