10 June 2012
TANJONG ENERGY HOLDINGS SDN BHD and its affiliates own and operate nine power plants and have investments in four power plants across six countries, namely Malaysia, Egypt, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and the United Arab Emirates with a total net generating capacity of 3,981 MW and a water desalination capacity of 16 million imperial gallons per day.
The Tanjong Energy Scholarship Awards (TESA) is the Group's CSR initiative funded by its wholly owned subsidiary, Powertek Berhad, to help academically accomplished Malaysian students who require financial assistance to pursue their tertiary education in any discipline at public universities in Malaysia.
Applications for the 2012 academic year are now open.
- 4 principals with a minimum of 3As in the STPM 2011 examination, or
- Minimum CGPA of 3.5 in the 2011/2012 Matriculation programme
- Added advantage for applicants who are active in sports and/or co-curricular activities
Value of Award
- RM8,000 – RM9,000 per academic year
- Each award will be for the minimum period required to complete the course of study.
Terms & Conditions
- Subject to the terms and conditions stated in the Scholarship Agreement.
There is no bond attached to the Scholarship. However, as part of the Group's efforts to develop its human capital, scholars will be given preference in respect of employment opportunities within the Group upon their graduation.
TESA scholars are also provided with personal development training in the areas of leadership, communication, teamwork and creativity as well as working attachment in various departments within the Group during their study break in the first year.
All applications must be submitted online.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.