31 December 2012
The Biasiswa Pendidikan MPOB offers TWO postgraduate research in PhD programme for the year 2012/2013 at any university in United Kingdom (UK), United States of America (USA) or Australia which are recognized by the Public Service Department (PSD).
The candidates must satisfy the following conditions:
- Must be a Malaysian citizen;
- Has identified a suitable university to pursue full time post-graduate degree in any top 10 university in the United Kingdom (UK), United States of America (USA) or Australia;
- Good command of English with a minimum score of 580 for TOEFL or IELTS with 6.0 bands;
- The applicant must obtain good honours in Master’s and Bachelor’s Degrees in the same discipline;
- Research undertaken must be related to oil palm or palm oil and its products;
- Age at enrollment must be below 40 years old.
- Human Nutrition
- Plant Pathology
- Mechanisation /Automation
Successful candidates are required to sign a contract to work with MPOB
AMOUNT OF FUNDING
The award is a FULL contribution covering the costs of a SINGLE person’s post-graduate study and living costs in the UK, USA or Australia.
HOW TO APPLY
The application form can be downloaded from MPOB website.
- The completed application form should be attached with the following:
- i) Research project proposal;
- ii) Certified true copy of academic results (SPM, STPM, Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree) and examination transcripts;
- iii) Letter of unconditional offer from the university;
- iv) Other supporting certificates/documents.
- The completed application form must reach MPOB HQ at the following address by 31 December 2012.
DIRECTOR-GENERALBiasiswa Pendidikan MPOB should be indicated on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
MALAYSIAN PALM OIL BOARD (MPOB)
6, Persiaran Institusi
Bandar Baru Bangi, 43000 Kajang, Selangor
(Attn: Ms. Ruba’ah Masri/Ms. Suraya Harun,
Human Development & Conference Management Unit)
Tel: 03-87694567 or 03-87694868
Only short listed candidates will be called for interview in January 2013. Applicants who do not receive any reply within 3 months after the deadline will be considered unsuccessful.