The application period for the AY2014 ASEAN Scholarships for Malaysia is from 4 February 2013 (6.00 am) to 28 March 2013 (10.00 pm).
Please submit your application via our online application system.
Please refer to FAQs if you encounter difficulties during application.
Students from Malaysia who wish to enter Singapore schools at the Pre-University 1 level under the ASEAN Scholarships are welcome to apply for the Pre-University awards. Candidates who are not short-listed for the scholarships may be considered for the Merit Awards.
Students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for the scholarship:
- Nationals of Malaysia
- Born in 1995 — 1997
- Currently in Form 5 (or equivalent) or have taken the 2012 SPM / GCE O-Level Examination
- Have done consistently well in their school examinations
- Proficiency in English and a good record of participation in co-curricular activities will be an advantage
Any dates given below are tentative and are subject to changes.
|Application Period||Till 28 March 2013|
|Selection Test||June 2013|
|Selection Interview||August 2013|
|Award of Scholarship||October 2013|
|Arrival of Scholar in Singapore||January 2014|
Candidates short-listed for the selection test/interview will be notified at least 1 week before the selection test / interview dates. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Applicants are to apply on-line by using the online application system.
If you encounter difficulties in the online application system, you may contact our customer service centre at +65 6872 2220.
All applications should reach the Singapore Ministry of Education before the closing date, 28 March 2013.
Test and Interview Cities
The selection tests and interviews will be conducted in the following cities:
- Kota Kinabalu
- Kuala Lumpur
Terms and Conditions
- Allowance of S$2,400 per annum with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance of S$500 (once only)
- Economy class air passage (for East Malaysians) or S$50 transport allowance (for West Malaysians) to Singapore and back to home country upon completion of scholarship term
- Waiver of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
- Waiver of GCE A-Level (or equivalent) examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover
- There is no bond attached to the scholarship