7 April 2014
About Genting Malaysia Scholarship Award
The Genting Malaysia Scholarship Award (GENM Scholarship) provides qualified young Malaysians with the golden opportunity to further their studies locally or overseas. We are offering financial assistance for undergraduate studies to those who have excelled academically and are active leaders with their extra-curricular activities. The goal of this scholarship fund is to assist qualified recipients to establish a strong foundation for their future and turn their dreams into reality. Preference are given but not limited to :
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Business/ Marketing
- Engineering (Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical)
- Human Resources
- Social Sciences
Please note that application is only available online. GENTING MALAYSIA DOES NOT ACCEPT HARD COPIES OF ANY DOCUMENTS. Closing date is 7 April 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an assessment.
GENTING MALAYSIA SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Applicants must meet the following criteria when applying for the Genting Malaysia scholarship:
- Malaysian citizen aged 23 years and below.
- Must be waiting for admission to pursue a full-time degree course in a local or overseas university. Those already pursuing a degree are not eligible.
- Must possess the requisite pre-university qualification:
i) STPM: minimum 3 As, OR
ii) Matriculation/Diploma: CGPA 3.5 or above, OR
iii) A-Level: minimum 3 As, OR
iv) Australian TER: minimum 90.0, OR
v) Recognized foundation/Pre-university courses: equivalent to CGPA 3.5 or above, OR
vi) International Baccalaureate: minimum 36.0
- Strong leadership skills demonstrated through active participation in extra-curricular activities.
- Family household income not exceeding RM 5,000.00 per month.
- Not presently holding other scholarship or study loan.
- For the preferred fields and approved universities, please refer to FAQs.
- Local Public University : RM 10,000 per annum (up to 4 years)
- Local Private University : Full tuition fees + RM 8,000 per year for living expenses (up to 4 years)
- Overseas University : Full tuition fees + RM 50,000 per year for living expenses (up to 4 years)
- Include 1 return air ticket
- Miscellaneous fees (ie. library fees, admin fees, health insurance, registration fee, student resource fee etc.) up to RM 5,000 per annum which is to be paid based upon invoice provided by the Institution
1. All scholarship applications and supporting documents must be submitted via the online submission system before the closing date.
2. All required fields (i.e. personal particulars, information on courses applied, particulars of parent/guardian, education background, etc.) must be completed. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
3. Applicants must submit the following supporting documents together with their application form:
- Passport-sized photograph
- Education certificates (STPM/A-Level and/or Diploma certificates, university acceptance/offer letter, etc.)
- Updated résumé - including applicant's co-curricular/extra-curricular activities, achievements and certificates
- Parent's/Guardian's Income Tax J-Form
- One (1) page PowerPoint summary of yourself, illustrating your personal profile, aspirations, academic background, and any other relevant facts.
Please note that this application is only available online. GENTING MALAYSIA DOES NOT ACCEPT HARD COPIES OF ANY DOCUMENTS. Completed applications must reach us latest by 7 April 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview.