16 May 2014
Maxis Scholarship for Excellence Awards
The Maxis Scholarship for Excellence Awards is a scholarship programme that promotes excellence and has enabled talented young Malaysians to beneﬁt from an education at some of the most prestigious universities. Since the programme was launched in 2005, Maxis has awarded scholarships to 244 Malaysians.
For young and outstanding Malaysians who strive to set standards for themselves as well as others, Maxis Scholarship For Excellence presents a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to embark upon a journey that will lead them to the realisation of their greatest goals.
We seek well rounded individuals, who have demonstrated leadership skills in the classroom, as well as in sports, social work or other areas. Recipients of this scholarship will be able to pursue courses at renowned universities – a significant step towards pursuing their life's dreams and ambitions. They will also be absorbed into the Maxis talent pipeline at the completion of their courses.
- Applicants must be Malaysian citizens aged 23 years old and below at the point of application.
- Applicants must not be bonded to any body and must have secured an unconditional offer or acceptance from the university of choice prior to receiving the Maxis Scholarship for Excellence Award.
- Note: Applicants may apply for the Maxis Scholarship for Excellence Award with a conditional offer letter from the university of choice. However, they must have fully met the conditions of the offer prior to being awarded the scholarship.
- Applicants must have completed / are in the final stage of attended foundation courses at the time of applying for this scholarship.
- Applicants must achieve ALL of the following minimum academic results:
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or equivalent: minimum 6 As
- ANY of the following foundation courses:
- Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM): 3As
- Diploma: CGPA 3.5
- A Level: 3 As
- Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR): 90.0
- Recognised Foundation/Pre-University courses: Equivalent to CGPA 3.5 or above, or
- International Baccalaureate: 36.0
- Applicants who at the final stage of their foundation courses may submit their forecast results.
- Applicants are also required to:
- Possess a good command of the English language, both written and oral;
- Excel in extra-curricular activities; and
- Possess leadership qualities.
The Maxis Scholarship is open to students with excellent performance and have received an offer from top prestigious universities to pursue undergraduate courses for the following fields of study;
Engineering & Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Information Systems
- Electrical & Electronics
- Energy, Sustainability & Environment
- Instrumentation and Control
- Accounting and Finance
- Actuarial Science
- Business / Business Administration / Commerce
- International Relations / Studies
- Corporate Law
- Mass Communications / Public Relations
- Media Studies
- Public Administration
- Sales, Marketing and Management
- Statistics & Operational Research
Apply online at Maxis website (link bottom of this post).
Upon closing of the application window, the scholarship committee will review the applications and shortlist eligible candidates for the next levels of assessment.
ONLY successful applicants will be notified via email and/or phone call.
The Application window is open from 15th April 2014 - 16th May 2014.
Applicants must prepare soft copies of the following documents, which should be certified as true copies and uploaded with application;
- Certified NRIC
- Academic Results Transcripts
- University Offer Letter
- Proof of participation in extra-curricular activities, awards and achievements (as stated in application form)
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- All attached documents can be in any of these formats: DOC, PDF, GIF and JPG not exceeding 5MB.
For any questions or queries on the scholarship awards, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org