10 November 2014
Tawaran Biasiswa Pendidikan Lembaga Minyak Sawit Malaysia (Malaysian Palm Oil Board, MPOB)
The Biasiswa Pendidikan MPOB offers FOUR postgraduate research in PhD programme for the year 2014/2015 at any university in the United Kingdom (UK), United States of America (USA), Australia or New Zealand which are recognized by the Public Service Department (PSD).
An applicant must satisfy the following criteria:
- Must be a Malaysian citizen.
- Has proof of acceptance into any of the top 10 universities in the United Kingdom (UK), United States of America (USA), Australia or New Zealand to pursue a full time post-graduate degree;
- Possesses a good command of English with a minimum score of 580 for TOEFL or IELTS Band 6;
- Honours degree at undergraduate level and Master’s degree in the same discipline;
- Research undertaken must be related to oil palm or palm oil and its products.
- Age at enrolment must be below 35 years old.
- Human Nutrition of Structured Triglycerides
- Conversion of Biomass to Fine Chemicals
Successful candidates are required to sign a contract to work with MPOB
Amount of Funding
Successful applicants will receive payment to cover their university fees and living costs for one person in the United Kingdom (UK), United States of America (USA), Australia or New Zealand.
How to Apply
- The application form can be downloaded from the MPOB website: http://www.mpob.gov.my.
- The completed application form should be submitted together with the following:
- Research project proposal;
- Certified true copy of academic results (SPM, STPM, Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree and / or Master’s Degree) and examination transcripts;
- Letter of unconditional offer from the university;
- Other supporting certificates / documents
- The completed application form must reach MPOB HQ at the following address by 10 November 2014.
Director-GeneralBiasiswa Pendidikan MPOB should be indicated on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
Malaysian Palm Oil Board (MPOB)
6, Persiaran Institusi
Bandar Baru Bangi
(Attn: Human Development & Conference Management Unit)
Tel: 03-8769 4567 or 03-8769 4868
Only short listed candidates will be called for interview in December 2014. Applicants who do not receive any reply within 3 months after the deadline are considered unsuccessful.