15 April 2016
Lion-Parkson Foundation Scholarships (The Lion Group)
To date, the Foundation has contributed RM9.7 million to a total of 427 students, in the form of scholarships in line with the Group’s aspiration to contribute to the country’s educational and human resources development. Every year, the Foundation awards scholarships to deserving students pursuing their first degrees in the local public institutions of higher learning.
- Full or partial sponsorship to degree (subject to a standard maximum amount per scholar)
- Training encompassing communication and leadership skills during semester breaks
- Structured Intership during semester breaks
- Employment with Lion Group upon graduation
The Scholarships are awarded to Malaysian students to pursue full time undergraduate studies (1st Degree course) and who have gained admission into recognized Public and Private Universities in Malaysia.
Open to applicants with a score of minimum 3 As & 1 B in STPM, CGPA 3.50 and above in Matriculation or at Diploma level, or minimum 5 As in UEC, who are active in sports and extra-curricular activities.
Applicants must not be bonded or receiving any form of financial aid or award from other educational institutions or organizations.
- Open to all Malaysian Citizens who wish to pursue tertiary education.
- Applicants Must Score a minimum of 3 As & 1 B in STPM, CGPA 3.50 and above in Matriculation or at Diploma level, or minimum 5 As in UEC.
- Applicants should complete all parts of this form carefully and legibly.
- The Scholarship Application Form and all related documents should be submitted online via the Lion Parkson Foundation website on www.lion.com.my by 15 April 2016.
- No enquiries will be entertained after the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.
- Please submit your application only ONCE.
1. Who can apply for the LPF Scholarship?
- All Malaysian citizens who wish to pursue tertiary education in a recognized public university or private college in Malaysia.
- Minimum 3As & 1B in STPM, CGPA 3.50 and above in Matriculation or at Diploma level or minimum 5As in UEC.
- Active in sports and extra-curricular activities.
- Applicants must not be bonded or receiving any form of financial aid or award from other educational institutions or organisations.
You may log on to http://pengiktirafan.jpa.gov.my/ and enter "Malaysia". Thereafter, the names of public universities and private colleges in Malaysia will be listed.
3. I am a SPM leaver; can I apply for the LPF scholarship?
No, this is only applicable for STPM, Matriculation or Diploma leavers.
4. What are the preferred fields of study?
The field of study must be related to the Lion Group of Companies core businesses, namely in the following disciplines:
- Retail Management
- Computer Science/ Information Technology
- Material/ Applied Science
- Accountancy/ Finance
- Property & Real Estate/ Building Management
No, please kindly refer to question no. 1.
6. How do I apply?
You may visit www.lion.com.my or www.lion-parksonfoundation.com.my to submit your application before closing date (refer to www.lion.com.my).
7. If I missed the application deadline, can I submit my application manually?
No, only online applications submitted on or before the deadline will be considered.
8. What is the coverage of the LPF Scholarship?
RM10000 per academic year.
9. I have family members working in Lion Group; can I apply for the scholarship?
Yes, you are highly encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
10. Will I have to serve any bond with the Lion Group upon graduation?
Yes, upon graduation the successful scholar will serve a bond period per their course period. During this bond period, you will be assigned suitable positions() within the Lion Group of Companies. The aim is to develop you through exciting, challenging work experience, exposures and formal (in class) learning.
11. How long is the bond period?
The bond period is the same as your course period i.e. 12 months for each year of scholarship received.