12 May 2016
Malaysian Nature Society's Young Environmental Research Grant (YERG)
The Young Environmental Research Grant (YERG) is an initiative by the Malaysian Nature Society to inoculate a sense of appreciation and conservation of Malaysia's natural heritage through science and research.
The project was launched on 27 March 2016 by our vice president Prof Ahmad Ismail during the closing ceremony of Youth Nature Camp held at EcoCare Centre, Kerteh.
The project aims to support research initiatives and projects undertaken by Malaysian University students which promote conservation.
Additionally, the grant recipients are expected to present their project outcome in the “Young Environmental Leaders’ Workshop”.
The Young Environmental Research Grant is designed for energetic and passionate Malaysian students between the ages of 18-25 years old and in any government or private universities/colleges who are currently working on their Final Year Project (FYP), Master’s Thesis or any other related projects.
10 successful recipients will receive a grant worth of up to RM 10,000 depending on the proposal submitted.
- The YERG will fund research on any project that is initiated to conserve Malaysian biodiversity, natural resources and ecosystems, including forests, wetlands, mangroves, coral reefs, peat swamps. These projects may be terrestrial, marine, estuarine, freshwater or aerial in nature.
- The projects are not limited to science field students but are open to all fields of researches that contribute to the well being of our environment.
- Applicants should download the Application Form.
- All enquiries for further information on the Young Environmental Research Grant should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed application form should be submitted via email email@example.com along with the proposal of the research project.