8 June 2016
AYUSH Scholarship Scheme 2016-17 for Malaysia
The High Commission of India is inviting applications from interested Malaysian nationals who wish to pursue courses in Traditional System of Medicine in India, for the following courses:
(i) Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine & Surgery (BAMS) [5 ½ years] - 11 seats
(ii) Bachelor of Siddha Medicine & Sciences (BSMS) [5 ½ years] - 5 seats
(iii) Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery (BUMS) [5 ½ years] - 2 seats
(iv) Bachelor of Homeopathy Medicine & Surgery (BHMS) [5 ½ years] - 2 seats
2. The ICCR application form can be downloaded online
3. Applicants should have any one of the following qualifications for applying to the Bachelor courses mentioned above:
b. A Levels
c. International Baccalaureate (IB)
d. American High School Diploma
e. 2 years of South Australian Matriculation (SAM)
f. 2 years of Canadian Pre-University (CPU), or
g. Any other qualification which is equivalent to 12th standard in India.
4. The applicants should also be fluent in English language and must have taken Physics, Chemistry, and Biology at the qualifying level examination.
5. The scholarship provides for Tuition fee, Living Allowance, Contingent Grant, and House rent Allowance.
6. Applicants are advised to fill-in the application form and submit to the Education Wing, High Commission of India, Menara 1 Mon't Kiara, Level 28, No. 1, Jalan Kiara, Mon't Kiara, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.
7. Applications received after 8 June 2016 will not be entertained.
8. For further enquiries, please contact: Education Wing, High Commission of India (Tel: 03 6205 2350 ext 203, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
AYUSH Scholarship Application Form
Procedure for obtaining Equivalence Certificate from AIU
Students who go to India for studies need to obtain Equivalence Certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
The Evaluation Division of AIU issues the Equivalence Certificate to students with foreign qualifications to facilitate their admission in Indian Universities.
The students are advised to send the following documents for issuing Equivalence Certificate:
1) Photocopy of the Degree / Certificate together with the year-wise Academic Transcript duly authenticated by the Indian Embassy in their country (or) their Mission in India.
2) Accreditation status of the University / Institute, in which the student has last attended.
3) Copies of the academic certificate of education.
Service Charge: For issuing the Equivalence Certificate, the Evaluation Division of AIU charges an amount equivalent to US$ 200 in Indian Rupees, payable through Demand Draft favouring "Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi".
These documents have to be sent to:
Evaluation Division, Association of Indian Universities, AIU House, 16 Comrade Indrajit Gupta Marg (KotlaMarg), New Delhi 110 002.
Tel: 00 91 11 2323 0059 / 2429 / 2305.Fax: 00 91 11 2323 2131.
For further details regarding the programme / guidelines, please see the following website of AIU: http://www.aiuweb.org/Evaluation/evaluation.asp