1 July 2016
Hong Leong Foundation Undergraduate Scholarships
The Undergraduate Scholarship has traditionally been the backbone of the Foundation—the primary reason the Foundation was first set up. Intended to benefit Malaysian students from low-income families, the Foundation believes that providing scholarships is about providing opportunities – giving a chance for students to have the higher education necessary to come into their own and be the next generation of leaders and captains of industries.
Undergraduate Scholarship Requirements
- Malaysian citizen
- Aged between 17 - 25
- Obtained a minimum of 8As in SPM, 6As in UEC and CGPA 3.5 in STPM/Matriculation/A-Level/Foundation/Diploma/Degree
- Applied for and expecting to receive an offer for a Diploma or Degree programme in any course in any of the MQA’s recognized local institutions
- Requires financial aid to further studies
- Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply
This scholarship is NOT applicable for:
A) University / college preparatory course like FOUNDATION STUDIES, any PRE-UNIVERSITY PROGRAMME, etc.
B) INTERNATIONAL TWINNING PROGRAMME
How to Apply
Complete ALL the compulsory sections in the website, and ensure that you provide complete and accurate details. The information is very important for our evaluation process. You will only need to supply supporting documentation if you are shortlisted for an interview.
Please note that the information you enter on this form cannot be saved. Please prepare the answers prior to starting the application. You will be required to provide us with the following:
- Latest Examination Result
- Total Household Income
- Parent’s or Guardian’s NRIC Number
- An essay titled “What Do You See?“. Please answer this question in not more than 200 words. Feel free to use any form of writing. E.g. short essay, story, poem, etc. The writing MUST BE original and every writing submitted will be analysed by plagiarism detection software.
We encourage you to read and understand the scholarship FAQs.
The CLOSING DATE is 1st July 2016.