- 20 August 2016: Gadang Holdings Berhad Scholarship Award
- 31 August 2016: Loh & Loh Corporation Berhad Scholarships for Local Undergraduate Studies
- 31 August 2016: Yaw Teck Seng (YTS) Foundation Scholarship Programme
8 November 2016
Chevening - Khazanah UK Government Scholarship for Master's Degree
The Chevening-Khazanah Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (“FCO) and Yayasan Khazanah. The programme gives awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from Malaysia to study a one-year taught Master’s degree in any field at top ranking British universities as indicated by the Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings.
- university tuition fees
- a monthly stipend
- return airfares
- an arrival allowance
- a homeward departure allowance
- a thesis grants
- a grant for study materials
- a study travel allowance
- the cost of one visa application
- a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
- Applicants must be a Malaysian citizen and intend to return to Malaysia at the end of the period of study
- Hold an undergraduate degree that permits entry into a Master’s programme at a UK university
- Have completed at least two years’ work or equivalent experience, before submitting their Chevening application
- Have not already received or be receiving financial benefit from an Her Majesty’s Government funded scholarship
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 13 July 2017 as set out in the Chevening Guidance for Applicants
- Not hold dual nationality where one nationality is British
- Not be employees, employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than two years before) of Her Majesty’s Government including the FCO (including FCO Posts), the British Council, DFID, MOD, BIS, UKTI and UKBA, the Association of Commonwealth Universities or Yayasan Khazanah or any of their wholly-owned subsidiaries.
Scholarship applications will be made through the Chevening online application system. The Malaysian application window runs from 8 August 2016 to 8 November 2016.