Updated 2014: Important note: MyBrain15 (MyMaster and MyPhD) will not cover the fees that you have paid prior to your successful scholarship application. For example, if your MyMaster or MyPhD scholarship application is approved successfully this semester, you will not be able to claim back the fees you have paid using your own money for the previous semester(s).
Our advice is to apply MyPhD and MyMaster Postgraduate Scholarship Programme immediately after you get your enrolment offer and do not pay for the university tuition fees while waiting for your scholarship offer.
Scholarship applications are processed in batch and application status will be informed via email on March, June, September and December every year.
MyBrain 15 MyMaster and MyPhDMyBrain15 is a sponsorship program by Malaysia government for postgraduate study at the Masters & PhD levels created under the 10th Malaysia Plan. The objective of MyBrain15 program is to reach 60,000 PhD holders among Malaysian citizens.
MyMaster and MyPhD programmes were created under MyBrain15 and respectively target Master and PhD students in public universities (IPTA) and private education institutions (IPTS). PhD Industry, MyMaster and MyPhD programs are opened to the public and private sectors lecturers / staffs who wish to further study.
- Age 45 or below
- Already confirmed an enrolment offer or started studies in higher education institutions.
- Study / Research full-time
- Degree holder with minimum CGPA 3.50 or degree holder with relevant working experiences
- All IPTA & selected IPTS:
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Universiti Multimedia (MMU)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Curtin University of Techonology Sarawak Campus
- International Medical University
- Management and Science University
- Monash University Sunway Campus
- Sunway University College
- Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus
- Taylor’s University College
- The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur
- International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
Online application is open throughout the year at Ministry of Higher Education website and online application is open in January, April, July and October every year.