3 July 2014
Offer of AYUSH Scholarship for 2014-15 Academic Session
The Government of India has announced twenty (20) Scholarships for Malaysian students to pursue courses in Traditional System of Medicine in India for the year 2014-15.
Course of Study
The High Commission of India welcomes applications from interested Malaysian nationals who wish to pursue courses in Traditional System of Medicine in India from the academic year 2014-15 onwards, for the following courses:
- Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine & Surgery (BAMS) - 11 seats
- Bachelor of Siddha Medicine & Sciences (BSMS) - 5 seats
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery (BUMS) - 2 seats
- Bachelor of Homeopathy Medicine & Surgery (BHMS) - 2 seats
The candidates should meet the following selection criteria: (i) the candidate should have the eligibility to apply for the course (ii) should be proficient in English and (iii) should not have any serious health problems.
The eligible qualifications for the Bachelors courses are given below:
- A Levels
- International Baccalaureate
- American High School Diploma
- 2 years of South Australian Matriculation (SAM)
- 2 years of Canadian Pre-University (CPU)
- Or other qualifications which are equivalent to 12th standard in India.
- The candidate should have taken the following compulsory subjects at the qualifying examination level: Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English, with minimum 50% marks in each subject.
- The minimum age to apply for these courses is 17 years, as on 1st October in the year of admission. Duration of all the 4 courses listed above is Five & Half (5 ½) years.
The scholarship provides for Tuition fee, Living Allowance, Contingent Grant, House rent Allowance and Medical benefits (no airfare is provided).
How to Apply
The ICCR application form can be downloaded from this Mission’s website (http://indianhighcommission.com.my/pdf/ICCR_Scholarship_Application_Form.pdf). The application forms can also be obtained from the Education Wing at the High Commission of India, Kuala Lumpur (Tel: 03 6205 2350 ext 203, Telefax: 03 6143 1192, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Interested candidates may fill-in the application form and submit to the
Education Wing,The last date for receipt of application by the High Commission of India, Kuala Lumpur is 3rd July 2014. For any further information, kindly contact:
High Commission of India,
Menara 1 Mon't Kiara,
Level 28, No. 1, Jalan Kiara,
Mon't Kiara, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.
Education Wing, High Commission of India, Menara 1 Mon't Kiara, Level 28, No. 1, Jalan Kiara, Mon't Kiara, 50480 Kuala Lumpur (Tel: 03 6205 2350 ext 203, Telefax: 03 6143 1192, Email: email@example.com)Link: http://www.indianhighcommission.com.my