31 March 2014
THE MALAYSIAN TECHNICAL COOPERATION PROGRAMME (MTCP) SCHOLARSHIPS
The MTCP Scholarship for Post-Graduate Studies provides opportunities for students to pursue advanced academic study in Malaysia. This scholarship is a Government-to-Government basis, without any bond imposed by Malaysia. Scholarships are intended for promising candidates who may be expected to make a significant contribution to their own countries on their return from Malaysia. The duration of the award is 36 months for PhD and between 12 to 24 months for Masters Programme.
To be eligible for MALAYSIAN TECHNICAL COOPERATION PROGRAMME (MTCP), applicants must fit the following criteria:-
- Not be more than 45 years of age during application.
- Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study. In addition, for post-doctoral programme, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, refereed/non refereed journals, portfolio and patent copyright. The Post-Doctoral candidate must have excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
- Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required:
- IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or
- TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
- In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants
- Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the field of studies.
- Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the universities in Malaysia).
Each scholarship consists of:-
- Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia
- An approved tuition fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Annual grant for books and internal travel
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Installation and Termination grant
- Thesis allowance
Field of studies is in the following priority areas:
- Science and Engineering
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- Information and Communication Technology
- Biosecurity and Food Safety
- Infrastructure and Utility
- Environmental Studies
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:-
- High-level academic achievement
- The quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution towards advancement of technology and human well-being.
- Excellent communication, writing and reading skills in English Language
- Scholarship holder must undertake full-time studies for postgraduate studies at a campus of Malaysian Universities.It is the responsibility of the scholarship holders to confirm admission to the university.
- Scholarship holders must not change their programme during tenure of the scholarship except with written permission from their university and the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia.
- Scholarship holders must follow the approved programmes and abide by the university’s rules, regulations and codes of conduct.
- Any suspension from the university will result in immediate suspension of award. Monthly allowances are not payable during suspension, including suspension due to illness.
- It is the responsibility of successful candidates to apply for and meet the requirements for the issuing of an appropriate entry visa including medical examination. The offer of the scholarship does not guarantee the granting of a visa.
- Scholarship holders must maintain satisfactory progress and good standing as stipulated by their host university and degree programme, or the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- The scholarships are tenable in Malaysian universities and research must be carried out in Malaysia.
- Scholarship holders are not allowed to take any paid employment during their tenure unless with written approval from the host university.
All applications should be made ONLINE through Ministry of Education’s website at https://biasiswa.moe.gov.my/INTER/ starting from 01 January 2014 until 31 March 2014.
- REGISTER your Passport Number or National Identication Number, password and email address.
- LOGIN to online application form and fill in all section completely.
- Please ensure all informations are correct before you print the application and logout.
- Please attach printed application form together with the following documents:
- Recent passport size photograph.
- Completed Medical Report. [download]
- A certified copy of current passport showing evidence of citizenship.
- A certified copy of academic transcript, testimonials and/or references relating to the relevant study, co-curriculum activities, achievements.
- A certified copy of English Language proficiency certificate (Test of English as a Foreign Language/TOEFL or International English Language Testing Service/IELTS)
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Admission letter from Malaysian University.
- Two letters of recommendation from two (2) people who can act as referees to support your application. [download]
- Endorsement Form. [download]
- You are required to complete the two Letters of Recommendation from two referees, Endorsement Form and Medical Report. Please bring printed ONLINE application form and required documents to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the relevant agency responsible for the scholarship in your country to get the endorsement.
Scan all documents stated above in PDF format and LOGIN to MIS Online Application. [How to convert documents to PDF format]
You are required to attach the documents and click SUBMIT button to submit the application. You will see the notification message when the process is done. All the application is fully online. No hard copy is required. Bring the hard copy of application form and original certificate during the interview session.
- Late submission will not be entertained no matter what reasons are given.
- Applications without sufficient documents stated will not be considered.
- The decision on succesful candidate made by the Ministry is final. Any queries on the final decision will not be entertained.
- All documents valid for six (6) month from date of application i.e. Medical Report, Endorsement Form and Reference Letters.
- Has not commenced studies with offer letter from Malaysia University or has enrolled studies not more than :
- Master : 1 Semester
- PhD : 2 Semester
- Recent Passport Size Photographs.
- A certified copy of current passport showing evidence of citizenship.
- Completed Medical Report.
- A certified copy of academic transcript.
- A certified copy of English Language proficiency certificate (Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing Service (IELTS).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Admission letter From University.
- 2 Letters of recommendation from two (2) people who can act as reference to support your application.
- Endorsement Form (From Applicants Home Countries Ministry of Foreign Affairs. For those already resides in Malaysia, form to be endorsed by embassy/ high commissioner in Malaysia.).
- Research Proposal.
For further enquiries, please contact us:-
SCHOLARSHIP DIVISIONEmail: [email protected]
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION MALAYSIA
(formerly known as Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia)
LEVEL 2, NO 2, TOWER 2
JALAN P5/6, PRECINCT 5
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATIVE CENTRE
Phone : +603 8870 6000 ext 6368 / 6370 / 6692