3 October 2014
Fulbright Malaysian Professional Exchange Program Year 2015 - 2016
The Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE) invites applications for the Fulbright Malaysian Professional Exchange Program for the 2015 / 2016 academic year ( August to June ).
The purpose of the grant is to enable mid-career Malaysian professionals in the public or private sectors to broaden their experiences through consultation, internship, participation in seminars, workshops and other professional enrichment programs in the United States for 3 to 6 months. These grants are meant for practitioners rather than scholars; administrators, managers of organizations / associations / services, journalist, and lawyers are encouraged to apply for these grants.
Applicants must have the followings:
- A Malaysian citizen.
- A master’s degree or equivalent professional qualification in the field of the proposed program. For professionals and artists outside academy, recognized professionals standing and substantial professionals accomplishment is expected.
- A detailed statement of proposed activity for research or lecturing at a U.S. institution.
- A minimum of five years working experience in the related field. Hold a managerial position in a government organization or the private sector and demonstrate a potential for higher responsibilities.
- Proficiency in English appropriate to the proposed lecturing or research project to be carried out in the United States.
- Be willing to share knowledge of Malaysia with social, civic and other groups while in the United States.
- Sound physical and mental health.
i. Applicants will be considered without regard to race, religion, sex, age and/or physical impairment.
ii. Preference is given to those without recent experience in the United States.
iii. Applicants should be representative and responsible citizens who can contribute to a full and fair picture of the culture of Malaysia and thereby contribute to understanding between the people of the United State and Malaysia. You should also demonstrate the cross-cultural sensitivity and flexibility needed to adjust successfully to life in the United States.
Applicants are requested to note some of the most frequent application problems:
- Lack of an adequate research proposal. This is the single most common weakness of applications and the one that reflects most seriously on the applicant’s prospects for placement. Applicants must have a well-thought-out plan for research that demonstrates knowledge of the field in general, as well as scientific methods for approaching the subject and knowledge of sources of data in the United States.
- Selection of a proposed host institution without providing rationale or copies of correspondence or not mentioning any preference for affiliation.
- Lack of knowledge of English or of a plan to acquire a working level of English before beginning the grant.
- Lack of a curriculum vitae and list of publications.
- Proposing visits to numerous institutions.
- Proposing a non-academic host institution without including a clear justification with sufficient details.
You are required to submit your application online at
In connection with your application for the above program, please note the following :
Submit 4 copies of the complete applications to MACEE by October 3rd 2014:
i. Application form
ii. Recent passport-size photo
iii. 3 letters of reference
iv. Official transcripts from each college/ university/ attended
v. Certified copy of the degree certificates
vii. Sabbatical leave letter
Supplementary documents where applicable :
i. Letters of invitation or appointment from United States institutions
ii. Source of support for accompanying dependents, if any
Short listed candidates will be called for interview in November 2014. Final announcement of awards will be made in January 2015.
Applicants from government agencies are required to submit their completed application through their respective Head of Department. Meanwhile applicants from the private sector can submit their applications directly to MACEE. .
MALAYSIAN-AMERICAN COMMISSION ON EDUCATIONAL EXCHANGE
18th Floor Menara Yayasan Tun Razak, 200 Jalan Bukit Bintang 55100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-21668878 Fax: 03-21661878