U.S. Embassy Small Grants Program for MalaysiaThe U.S. Embassy offers grants to Malaysian institutions, organizations and individuals to assist in organizing cultural programs and activities for Malaysians. These programs include American Studies, performing arts, entrepreneurship, empowering women and youths, strengthening democracy, interfaith forums and combating extremism. Proposals are subject to funding availability.
General Information:Funding Opportunity Number: S-MY300-17-SGP
CFDA Number: 19.040
How to Apply US Embassy Malaysia Small Grants?Please submit your proposal using the attached application forms.
- Application Form for Individual Applicant (PDF 60 KB) | Project Detail | Budget
- Application Form for Organization (PDF 219 KB) | Project Detail | Budget
General Guidelines for United States of America Embassy Malaysia Small Grants Program
- Malaysian institutions/organizations/individuals may submit proposals for projects of maximum one-year timeframe.
- Grants may be made to non-governmental, not-for-profit organizations. Third-country organizations and individuals are not eligible.
- Proposals may include modest administrative expenses, including honoraria/partial salaries of grant implementers, but only when they are directly linked to the conduct of the specific grant program. General operating expenses, long-term infrastructure costs and undefined miscellaneous or “overhead” expenses are not acceptable.
- Grant funds may be used for seminars and workshops, but proposals must describe the expected audience, content, and timeframe, and justify the activity in terms of outcome and benefits.
- Grant funds may be used for the publication of materials, but proposals must describe the audience, content and means of distribution.