November 15, 2008
Maxis Undergraduate Scholarship
The Maxis Undergraduate Scholarship presents young and outstanding Malaysians a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to embark on a journey that will allow them to realise their goals.
Maxis is offering undergraduate scholarships to our postpaid customers or children of our customers who have excelled both in their academic studies as well as their extra-curricular activities.
Maxis seeks well rounded individuals, who have demonstrated leadership skills in the classroom, as well as in sports, social work or other areas. Recipients of this scholarship will be able to pursue courses at either a local or overseas university – a significant step towards pursuing their life’s dreams and ambitions.
Eligibility and Criteria
Applicants or their parents must be a Maxis postpaid customer with a minimum of one year tenure with Maxis postpaid services, having a good payment record with Maxis.
Applicants must demonstrate academic excellence and be active in extra-curricular activities. The academic requirements are:
- STPM - minimum 3 As or
- Matriculation / Diploma - CGPA 3.5 or above or
- A Levels - minimum 3 As or
- Australian TER - minimum 90.0 or
- Recognised foundation/Pre-university courses – equivalent to CGPA 3.5 or above or
- Current 1st or 2nd year university students must have a CGPA of 3.5 or above
- Possess a good command of the English language, both written and oral;
- Team player;
- Excel in extra-curricular activities and sports; and
- Possess leadership qualities.
Applicants must not be bonded to any body and must have secured an unconditional offer letter from a local or foreign university prior to receiving the Maxis Undergraduate Scholarship award. Applicants currently in their 1st or 2nd year of undergraduate studies may also apply.
The local or foreign university must be recognised by the Public Services Department of Malaysia. For local universities, there is no restriction to field of studies; for foreign universities, preferred field of studies are those related to the telecommunications industry.
- Business Administration / Management / Marketing / Accounting / Finance / Communications / Human Resources Management;
- Engineering – Electronic / Electrical / Power / Computer Communications / Telecommunications / Civil and Mechanical;
- Computer Science / Information Technology / Information System / Science Quantitative
- Mathematics / Actuarial Science
Applicants must attach softcopies of the following documents to be submitted to the Scholarship Committee. Maxis is currently accepting softcopies only. No hardcopies will be accepted.
We are now accepting applications from 24 September to 15 November 2008.
- Proof of age. (IC / Birth Certificate)
- Relevant academic transcripts. (SPM results & STPM results / A-Levels results / Matriculation results / Diploma results / Foundation Studies results)
- Letter of admission from the university.
- Any other documents that applicants wish to submit to strengthen their application, including written articles, reports of volunteer work, extra-curricular certificates etc.
Upon submission, the Scholarship Committee will review the applications and shortlist candidates for interviews. There will be 2 rounds of interviews before the final list of scholars is announced.
At the end of the online application, you will have to attach all the required documents. Please have the softcopies ready before you begin filling the online application form.