It is a scholarship to be awarded to students or/and employees of the Sarawak Oil Palms Berhad or employees’ children. The Scholarship will be awarded to student(s) who have successfully selected by the Scholarship Committee. The selection of the suitable student(s) shall be at the absolute discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
The value of each award will range from RM6,500 – RM7,500.00 per annum depending on the selected course of study under the SOPB Scholarship. The scholarship awarded shall includes course fee and living allowances. The value of award will be determined by the Scholarship Committee after the interview and base on the financial standing of the student. Consideration for scholarship award and the amount award are based on the predetermined scholarship criteria and the overall scholarship fund.
June 15, 2008
How to apply
Advertisement for the scholarship will be placed out in the major newspapers and notices will be put up at UPM and UITM Faculty of Agriculture / Faculty of Applied Science yearly. The closing date should be one month from the date of the first advertisement on the said newspaper.
The SOPB Scholarship Committees will shortlist the potential candidates and arrange for an interview and that the decision of the Scholarship Committees will be final and appeals by any of the Student(s) will not be entertained. An evaluation will be carried out and right candidates will be identified and the amount of scholarship will be determined.
- Only Malaysian Citizens are eligible to apply.
- Applicant who has not received any other sponsors.
- The Scholarships to be awarded are for needy students only.
- Applicants should possess good academic qualifications and should be active in school.
- Courses must be accredited by LAN and undertaken and completed in Malaysia.
- Applicants must be accepted as a full-time student at UPM, UITM or other local universities reading for a first degree or diploma in Agriculture / Engineering related courses.
Download application form.