14 September 2012
ING Scholarship Award (Local)
ING Insurance presents promising undergraduates, an opportunity to embark on an exciting journey of learning, in pursuit of big dreams and ambitions.
At ING Insurance, we embrace a performance culture that emphasizes winning and delivering excellence.
"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn", Alvin Toffler
Learning is a lifelong ambition. We never stop learning as lessons are never limited to when we are in school or university or at work. We learn from the everyday situations…we learn from our achievements, our mistakes and our challenges.
Therefore, the opportunity to learn is always there. In today’s fast paced world, the challenge is to keep abreast with the influx of information which we then need to evaluate and decide on what we want to learn, unlearn and relearn.
At ING Insurance, we are eager to offer scholarships and work placement for people who are eager to learn. We offer a challenging yet nurturing, demanding yet rewarding place of work; where your learning and ideas will find fertile ground to grow.
As with our brand promise ‘With You For Life’, we offer young Malaysians the opportunity to realize their fullest potential and to learn without boundaries.
The ING Insurance Scholarship is open to all Malaysians who have gained admission to the following Top 10 local universities as ranked by QS World University Rankings to pursue First Degree (Honors):
1. Universiti Malaya (UM)
2. Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
3. Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
4. Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
5. Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
6. International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
7. Universiti Malaysia Sarawak
8. Multimedia University
9. Universiti Teknologi Mara
10. Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
1. Diploma / Matriculation - Cumulative Grade Point Aggregate (CGPA) of at least 3.50.
2. STPM 2010 – at least 3 As and 2 Bs.
3. Students currently pursuing First Degree - Current CGPA of at least 3.50.
4. Not exceeding 25 years of age on 1 September 2012.
5. Have confirmed a place to pursue a First Degree in 2012.
1. Good command of the English Language, both written and oral.
2. Excellent achievements in both extra-curricular activities and sports.
3. Flexible, versatile and possess high teamwork capabilities.
Field of Studies
First Degree in the following fields:
3. Business Administration
4. Computer Science
5. Information Technology
8. Actuarial and Financial Mathematics
Value of Scholarship
- Actual Course fee
- Subsistence allowance: RM1,000 per month
- Book Allowance: RM600 per annum
- Flight fares (*only applicable for Sabah & Sarawak scholars): Actual fare for Economy Class per annum
Additional Benefits :
- Other allowances – thesis, apparatus (one-off payment): RM1,000
- Laptop / Notebook (one-off payment): Worth RM3,000 or below
Tenure of Scholarship
Minimum period required by the recipient to complete the course.
Conditions of Scholarship
1. The Scholarship holder is required to enter into a 5-year bond with ING Insurance Berhad upon completion of the course.
2. Applicants must not hold any other scholarships/awards without prior approval from ING Insurance Berhad.
3. The Scholarship holder is required to do his/her practical training with ING Insurance Berhad for the duration as required by their field of study.
How to Apply
Please download and complete the application form and enclose documents as listed in the application checklist. Click here to download the ING Scholarship Application Form
1. Please send your completed application to :
(On bottom left hand corner of envelope, please write : 2012 ING Scholarship Program)
Attention:2. Alternatively, you can complete the form, scan your documents and email them to [email protected]
Human Capital Division
ING Insurance Berhad
17th Floor Menara ING,
84 Jalan Raja Chulan,
PO Box 10846
50927 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Please title your email – 2012 ING Scholarship Program
You may also contact us at 03-2058 4838 ext 1417 / 1444 / 1420 / 1494
• Preference will be given to applicants from lower-income families.
• ING Insurance customers or children of ING Insurance customers are encouraged to apply.