30 September 2012
Samling Global Limited Scholarship and Bursary Programme
To enrich the talent and skills force in the countries in which we operate, we grant annual scholarships to students with outstanding academic credentials and leadership potential.
Since the beginning of the scholarship programe, we have awarded a total of 64 scholarships amounting to RM1.59 million (US$500,000) to students in Malaysia who are pursuing degrees in engineering, forestry science, wood technology or communications in both local and international tertiary institutions.
Our bursary scheme aims to benefit schools and rewards students with good academic performance and to improve the general level of formal education in the community. In the financial year 2011, our bursary scheme covered 51 primary and seven secondary schools within the areas of our operations in Sarawak. We also reward RM9,500 (US$3,000) to RM15,000 (US$5,000) annually to students in our partnership universities who have excelled academically.
SAMLING SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
Samling Global Limited grants annual scholarships to students with outstanding academic credentials and leadership potential, with the aim of enriching Malaysia’s talent and skill force. Through the Samling Scholarship Programme, we hope to assist deserving youth of our nation to realize their academic aspirations.
- Students with excellent academic results in SPM and/or STPM seeking admission to or currently enrolled in a local university.
- Possess a dynamic personality, excellent communication skills and hold leadership positions in extra-curricular activities.
- Must not be a recipient of any other scholarship, award by any other organization.
- Keen to serve in the Samling Group for a specified period upon completion of study.
- Malaysian citizens only. Sarawakians are encouraged to apply.
- Wood Science & Technology
- Plant Resources
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Power Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Business Information System
- Interior Design
- RM7,500 per academic year for Science, IT and Arts
- RM10,000 per academic year for Engineering
How to Apply
Interested students please email to Lisa Tan, [email protected] to enquire further.
Wisma Samling Head OfficeE-mail: [email protected]
Lot 296, Jalan Temenggong Datuk Oyong Lawai Jau