25 March 2015
Nanyang Scholarships (南洋商报大专奖学金计划) Terms and Conditions
Applications for “ Nanyang Scholarship ” are only open to applicants below 25 years old and possess good results in SPM/ A - Level/ STPM / UEC or other equivalent qualifications.
- The scholarship shall be in the form of full/ half/ partial fee waiver for the whole duration of the particular course. The awards are not directly offered by “Nanyang Siang Pau” and are not cash award but will be in the form of tuition fee waivers for the academics courses to be offered by participating Colleges/ Universities with the direct deduction from the tuition fees.
- Under this scholarship plan, all full/ half/ partial scholarships are in the form of tuition waivers and do not include all other fees.
- Different courses in Colleges / Universities have different entry requirements. Enquiry for further details can be obtained directly from the participating colleges or universities.
- Trial examination results do not qualify for the scholarship award. Each person is only entit led to one application.
- Applicant must meet the minimum requirement set by Colleges/ Universities in order to be eligible for the second year’s scholarship awards and the recipient is required to abide all the rules and regulations set by the participating College/ University at all time and is expected to conduct himself/herself in a respectable manner.
- The participating College/ University and “Nanyang Siang Pau” are not obligated to extend the award beyond the existing academic period.
- EA Form ） The applicant must complete the prescribed “ Nanyang Scholarship ” application form and accompan ied by certified true copies of last examination results ( recognized by school) , applicants recent passport sized photograph and parent ’ s p ay slip (such as EA Form ).
- The selection shall be based on the applicants ’ examination results, family background and applicant’s extra - curricular activities (attached with extra - curricular certificate). If at any time the information given herein is found to be untrue, false or misleading due to wi llful neglect, Nanyang Siang Pau shall be at their discretion, withdraw the qualifications.
- The respective College/ University shall interview the applicants who pass the basic requirements. The applicants m ust produce original copies of the examination results and all other relevant documents during the interview.
- The Colleges/ Universities selection committee’s decisions in all matters pertaining to the selection of the s cholarship award are final and no appeal, inquiry or correspondence will be entertained.
- The closing date for application is after the third week of Saturday of the STPM result release.
“南 洋商报大专奖学金” - 业务发展部Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call 03 - 7872 6888 ext 917/ 913, Nanyang Siang Pau Business Development Department.
Nanyang Siang Pau
No.1, Jalan SS7/2
47301 Petaling Jaya,