31 July 2015
Sarawak Energy External Scholarship Programme
Sarawak Energy is pleased to announce the launch of our 2015 external scholarship programme where priority will be given to students from Sarawak or Malaysian whereby at least one of the parents is a Sarawakian. We therefore invite eligible and qualified students to apply for the scholarship for the 2015 intake.
Field of Study
Course to pursue include Diploma and Bachelor Degree.
- Engineering / Science Subject
- Electrical Power Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Other Engineering field (e.g. Environmental Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Civil Engineering etc)
- Geology, Environmental Science & Management etc
- Non- Engineering (Others)
- Safety/ Legal/ Quantity Surveying/ Finance/ Accounting/ IA/ Communications/ IT/ HR/ Arts etc
- Academic expenses (tuition and exam fees)
- Monthly allowance
- Must not be more than 21 years old at the time of application.
- Have secured an unconditional offer/admission letter from any of the approved Institutions of Higher Learning in Malaysia;
- Must not be a recipient of any other scholarship from other organizations or foundations;
- Strong leadership skills, team player and active participation in extra-curricular activities such as societies and clubs, sports, etc.
- No other sibling or family member from SEB receiving scholarships from SEB.
- The applicants chosen institution must be:
- Public Institutions and Universities in Malaysia;
- JPA approved Private Institutions of Higher Learning in Malaysia;
- JPA approved international universities based in Malaysia; and
- MQA Accredited for Degrees
- Engineering Degree Programme to be recognise by BEM
- Strong academic results in the SPM (minimum 7As); or in the STPM (minimum 3A’s & 1B); based on the fields of study as follows:-
Engineering Non - Engineering English English Mathematics Malay Language Malay Language Mathematics Additional Mathematics And 4 subjects of choice from following : Physics Additional Mathematics/ Physics/ Chemistry /Biology/ Chemistry Principles of Account/ Commerce/ Basic Economics/ History History/ eography/ Islamic Education/ Moral Education/ Arabic Language/ Tassawur Islam/ Syariah Islam Studies
- Minimum CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or equivalent at Matriculation / Diploma level / Degree level
Completed application forms and certified copies of documents must to be submitted to:-
Manager,Closing date for the applications is on 31st July 2015. Short-listed candidates for interview will be notified via phone call or emails 1 month or later after the closing date.
Competency Training Division,
SEB/SESCO Training Centre,
Jalan Belian, Sungai Biawak,
93450 Kuching, Sarawak.