20 March 2016
Maybank Foundation Sponsorship Award 2016
Scholarships offer opportunities for youth from low-income families to excel academically, take control of their lives and contribute to their societies. We believe that no talented young person should be constrained by the lack of financial means. Since the programme began in 1972, we have provided over 1,000 scholarships.
In 2014, we disbursed RM2.5 million to 65 new students. The total scholarship pay out for 2014 exceeded RM12 million, which includes expenses for 112 existing scholars pursuing their studies locally and abroad.
In 2014 we introduced a new category for outstanding students from families with a household income of less than RM24,000 a year. In the first year the award, which has no obligatory bond, was granted to 15 recipients to pursue higher education at public or private institutions in Malaysia. Recipients started their studies in financial-related disciplines or priority fields as stated in Malaysia’s Economic Transformation Programme (such as medicine, architecture, and education). This new category of scholarship aims to contribute to Malaysia’s Vision 2020 and is part of Maybank’s commitment to create an equitable society.
Features of Maybank Sponsorship Award (No Bond)
- Full education financial assistance from Pre-University/Foundation studies up to degree level at local institution (tuition fees, laptop, accommodation, and living allowance)
- Career Preparatory Suite (internships, business assignment, presentation impact and effective communication)
- No bond period
- Minimum 6As in SPM 2015 or equivalent
- Total annual household income of not more than RM40,000
- Leadership experience in co-curricular activities
- Applicant must not be a recipient of any other scholarship or award from other organisation(s) or foundation
Features of Maybank Scholarship Award (Bond)
Click here to read more about Maybank Foundation Scholarship Award 2016
How to Apply Maybank Sponsorship Award?
Kindly download this application form. You may submit the completed form with certified true copy of supporting documents to:
MAYBANK SCHOLARSHIP AWARD 2016CLOSING DATE: 20 MARCH 2016
GROUP HUMAN CAPITAL
44TH FLOOR, MENARA MAYBANK
100, JALAN TUN PERAK
50050 KUALA LUMPUR
For any assistance, kindly call our Scholarship Helpdesk at 03-2074 8966
Incomplete applications or applications received after closing date will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.