29 April 2016
ACCA Simpson Scholarship Fund
The Simpson Scholarship exists to reward talented ACCA students who have already proven themselves to be of sufficient merit and distinction in ACCA examinations.
Each year, the Simpson Scholarship will fund the ACCA examination and registration fees of five students for a period of five years or until they become members – whichever happens first.
In order to be eligible for the Scholarship, applicants must meet the qualification criteria and submit a 1,000 word essay.
- You can apply for the Simpson Scholarship if you meet the following criteria.
- You are registered as an ACCA student, and
- You have paid your fees for the year ahead, and
- You have no other fees outstanding, and
- You have completed and achieved an average of 80% or more in the Knowledge module (Papers F1–F3) of the Fundamentals level of the ACCA Qualification - at your first attempt, or
- If you have exemptions from the Knowledge module (Papers F1–F3) of the Fundamentals level, then you must have achieved 66% or more in at least two ACCA Qualification papers in the Fundamentals Skills module - at your first attempt.
If you meet the eligibility criteria for the Scholarship then the next step is to submit your application to ACCA.
You, the applicant, must write an essay entitled:
'How the award of a Scholarship will help me to realise my full potential'.
When the judging panel are deciding on the winning essays, they are looking for five that will really inspire them and where they can see that the candidate will really benefit from receiving it. So think about how the Simpson Scholarship will benefit and make a difference to you and tell us about it.
For example, it could be
- how it will make a positive contribution to your career
- how it will make a positive contribution to the community in which you live
- how it will make a positive contribution to the accounting profession in your country
- how it will help with your journey to membership.
Your application must be accompanied by a Scholarship submission form including two references. Full criteria for the essay and Scholarship Submission form can be found in the sections below.
Essay check list
Submitting your application
Completed applications must be submitted – preferably by email – to: [email protected]
Please do not submit queries about the Scholarship to this mailbox as you will not receive a response. Any queries you have should be directed to ACCA Connect.
If it is not possible for you to submit your application by email, you will need to post it to the following address.
ACCAACCA cannot accept any responsibility for postal applications that do not arrive before the closing date.
2 Central Quay
89 Hydepark Street
The closing date for 2016 applications is Friday 29 April. Winners will be announced in July.