25 April 2014
PIDM Undergraduate Scholarship Programme
Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia (PIDM) is a statutory body that protects against the loss of bank deposits, as well as takaful and insurance benefits in the unlikely event of a member institution’s failure, and is mandated to promote public confidence in the stability of the financial system in Malaysia.
The programme is intended to reach out to “deserving Malaysians” who are in need of financial aid to pursue their education.
WHAT DOES THE SCHOLARSHIP OFFER?
- Up to RM10,000 a year in course fees or the actual cost, whichever is lower;
- Up to RM2,000 in allowances for learning aids including books, computer, stationeries, and other materials per semester or up to RM4,000 per year;
- Up to a maximum of RM6,000 allowance per year or RM500 per month;
- Induction Programme
An induction programme will be provided to all recipients of PIDM’s Scholarship Award. This is to ensure the recipients understand the mandate, vision, mission and values of PIDM.
- Mentoring and Coaching
Each recipient will be assigned a “mentor” from PIDM Senior Management team. The mentor will provide consistent and continuous mentoring and coaching throughout the programme. This is to ensure that the recipients have the necessary support and are able to leverage on the experience of our management team.
- Internship Programme
As part of the strategic design of the programme, graduates will be offered paid six-month internship opportunities in PIDM to apply what they have learned in an operational context (minimum ‘Cumulative Grade Point Average’ (CGPA) of 3.00 or a minimum of ‘Second Class Upper’ in the final examinations).
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
The scholarship will be offered on a yearly basis to a maximum of 10 successful applicants, to undertake up to four years of undergraduate studies locally.
This notice of offer for the scholarship is open for applications from all Malaysian students in need of funding commencing 2014. Students who have started their undergraduate studies are also eligible to apply provided they meet the requirements.
- You must be a Malaysian citizen under 25 years of age (as of 1 January 2014) and be a full time student;
- You must have good academic results in SPM/STPM or equivalent (with credits in Bahasa Malaysia and English);
- You must be a full-time student and have gained admission into any of the courses related to the field of studies listed here, which has been approved and accredited by Lembaga Akreditasi Negara (LAN), in a college or university in Malaysia as approved by PIDM;
- Not be in a position financially to take the course without financial aid or award;
- Not be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid or award from any institutions or any other organisations or foundation;
- Not have been terminated from or ceased to be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid or award from any institution, organisation or foundation, due to disciplinary action against the applicant;
- Applications will only be considered if they meet the eligibility criteria; the specific field of study and the list of colleges and universities as approved by PIDM.
The list of pre-requisites includes:
- A requirement to provide information on income for the applicant and/or parent(s);
- To submit a written essay in English of approximately 1,000 words on your chosen field of study and your aspirations in contributing to the financial services landscape and the country in general.
- The offer of scholarship will be subject to acceptance of the terms and conditions of a scholarship agreement with PIDM.
- There will be no bond to this scholarship and the recipients are not required to repay the amount of the scholarship awarded.
- Recipients of the scholarship awards will be required to fulfil conditions as set out in the scholarship agreement including, but not limited to, maintaining a minimum ‘Cumulative Grade Point Average’ (CGPA) of 3.00 or achieve a minimum of ‘Second Class Upper’ in the final examinations.
PIDM may discontinue the scholarship or any part of the scholarship, at any time should the recipient of the scholarship:
- be unable to continue his or her studies, for whatever reason;
- fail to achieve a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) and Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 in any semester;
- fail to maintain conduct which is consistent with the rules and regulations specified by the college or university and is placed on probation; or
- is in breach of any of the terms and conditions of the PIDM scholarship agreement.
- Business Administration
- International Business
- Islamic Banking
- Financial Banking and Management
- Computer Science / Information Technology
- International Financial Economics
- Actuarial Science
- Law / Shariah Law
- Human Development / Human Resource Development
- Mathematics (Actuary)
- Risk Management and Insurance
PUBLIC HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UHTM)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Universiti Tun Abdul Razak (UNIRAZAK)
- Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)
- Universiti Industri Selangor (UNISEL)
Click on the link to download the : e-Scholarship Application
Once the download is finished, unzip the file and install the application. For a step-by-step guide, please follow the user manual inside the folder.
WHERE DO I SUBMIT THE FORM?
Please direct your completed application with all relevant documents to:
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.