MARA or JPA Scholars
JPA Scholars who have not been offered employment by the Government (including recruiting authorities other than Suruhanjaya Perkhidmatan Awam) after graduation are eligible to participate in the STAR programme. TalentCorp will contact the scholars who have successfully been accepted to participate in the programme.Scholars who have not been contacted by TalentCorp but are interested in participating must first seek JPA's permission to be allowed to participate.
Terms and conditions
- Scholars continue to be bound to the terms and conditions of their scholarship contract with JPA.
- Scholars must report for duty to JPA upon graduation and apply to Suruhanjaya Perkhidmatan Awam (SPA) as per existing procedures. Failure to do so will negate eligibility for the STAR programme.
- Scholars are expected to seek employment among the participating companies by undergoing the usual company recruitment processes.
- Scholars are expected to inform TalentCorp if and when they receive an offer from a participating company.
- Upon receipt of an offer letter from a participating company, scholars are expected to submit an application along with a copy of the offer letter via TalentCorp to obtain JPA's approval to serve in the company.
- If approved, scholars are expected to serve their bond term with the company and will be monitored by TalentCorp.
- Scholars are allowed to switch to another participating company once (1) throughout their bond period. Additional requests to switch will be subject to review.
Companies that are participating in the ETP or a National Key Economic Area (NKEA) may apply to be part of the STAR programme and will have the opportunity to tap into the pool of top scholars sponsored by the Government.
Terms and Conditions
- Duration of employment offered should be for a minimum of two (2) years. Offers for periods of less than 2 years will be subject to review.
- Companies must ensure that terms of employment do not prejudice scholars or compare disadvantageously to a similar non-scholar candidate, and that tasks or assignments given to scholars are not detrimental to the Government or against any provisions of their scholarship contract.
- Companies are expected to deliver regular reports on scholars' performance and progress on an annual basis and upon request by TalentCorp. This should be done in accordance with the company's review and reporting procedures.
- Companies are expected to inform TalentCorp if a scholar will be or is subjected to disciplinary action or investigation by the company.
- Companies are expected to notify TalentCorp in the event of the resignation or termination of a scholar and provide reasons for resignation or termination.
- Companies are expected to inform TalentCorp in the event that the company's status changes significantly to affect its ability to qualify for and meet the requirements of the program.
There is currently no cost to the company to participate and no obligations for companies to hire.
Companies interested in joining the programme may sign up and apply at https://star.talentcorp.com.my. For further information, please refer to the FAQ.