31 October 2012
Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) Global Fellowship
USM Global Fellowship was launched by YB Dato’ Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin, Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia on 30 July 2012 to ensure a bright future for Malaysia through attracting bright talents from all parts of the world to come and study their PhD at USM.
This fellowship is an indication that Malaysia is ready to acknoweldge and celebrate knowledge and experience with the world. The USM Global Fellowship aspires to enhance nation building, synergise global talents, and to boost a greater knolewdge society through the global talents we’ve engaged.
The USM Global Fellowship is open for application to all nationalities across the globe who aspire to pursue full time Doctoral studies in various research fields with Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM).
- All nationalities not exceeding 40 years of age on the date of application.
- Not a recipient of any financial support or sponsorship from any organisation or education institution.
- Excellent health condition
Category 1 : Bachelors Degree Holder
- Obtained a First Class (Hons) Bachelor or CGPA ≥ 3.67 from any recognised, local, or foreign universities. Applicants with First Class (Hons) or with CGPA ≥ 3.67 may be eligible to be directly admitted as a PhD candidate (terms and conditions apply) ; or
Category 2 : Bachelor and Masters Degree holder
- Obtained a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA ≥ 3.50 from any recognised local or foreign universities, and
- Obtained a Master’s Degree (Course Work / Mixed Mode) with CGPA ≥ 3.50 or by Research Mode from any recognised local or foreign universities.
Priority will be given to candidates with the following credentials:
- Good communication skills and proficient in English is an added advantage
- A minimum score of 550 in TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), or
- A minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- Proof of article publications in refereed journals.
- Possess good leadership skills with good personality traits.
Fields of Study
All postgraduate programmes offered by USM.
The Fellowship covers
- Academic Fees (Tuition and Examination)
- Non-recurring Fees (Registration and Personal bond)
- Return economy flight ticket
- Settling down allowance - RM2,000.00
- Monthly living allowance - RM3,000.00
- Book/equipment allowance - RM1,000.00
- Computer allowance - RM3,000.00
- Final thesis project - RM2,000.00
The maximum duration of this fellowship is 36 months (6 semesters), subject to Universiti Sains Malaysia’s terms and conditions.
Recipients will be
- expected to study in Universiti Sains Malaysia and complete their studies within a maximum of 6 semesters.
- required to serve with USM for 3 years upon completion of studies if offered.
How to Apply:
Download application form here
For submission of application by courier
Dean,For submission of application by e-mail
Institute of Postgraduate Studies
Universiti Sains Malaysia
11800 USM, Penang
Fax: +604-653 2940
Please save the completed application form as an MS Word document with both your name and the Fellowship’s acronym in its file name. Example: If your name is Ahmed Abu, name the file “AHMED_USMGF.doc” as appropriate.Link: http://www.ips.usm.my
All proof and documents should be scanned and compressed
Please e-mail to [email protected]