31 May 2014
British Council IELTS Scholarships
The British Council IELTS Scholarships are awarded to high-calibre individuals with motivation to develop their career and who demonstrate the potential to contribute to society what they have gained from their study experience. IELTS scholars are committed to networking within the IELTS community and sharing their experience with other IELTS candidates. The scholarship enable students to study any chosen course in an undergraduate or postgraduate programme of a higher institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
Up to 3 students in Malaysia will each receive GBP2,500 to go towards tuition fees on their chosen courses.
The top 3 scholars in the East Asia region will each receive GBP25,000 to go towards tuition fees of their chosen courses, to be paid directly to the institutions by instalments.
*East Asia region includes Burma, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam
Application period: 1 January – 31 May 2014
Shortlisting: 1 – 13 June 2014
Interviews: 16 – 27 June 2014
Letter of offer from university received by: 27 June 2014
Results announcement: mid – end July 2014
Award Ceremony: end July – mid August 2014
To qualify for an IELTS scholarship, you must:
- currently live in Malaysia.
- begin undergraduate or postgraduate study in or outside Malaysia in 2014 (academic year).
- attend a higher educational institution that accepts IELTS as part of admission requirements.
- have a valid IELTS score, with a minimum band score of 6 in each of the four component parts of the test.
- have taken their most recent IELTS test at the British Council.
- be able to provide an acceptance letter from the attending institution by 27 June 2014.
- Applications are initially reviewed against the British Council IELTS Scholarship eligibility criteria and assessed by external assessment raters and British Council officers.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a face-to-face video-taped interview, where you will be assessed by a panel of senior managers and external raters from the higher education and/or corporate sectors in Malaysia.
How to apply
Download IELTS Scholarship Application Form for Malaysia [pdf]
Read IELTS Scholarships FAQs [pdf]