22 January 2016
Khazanah - Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Merdeka Scholarship Programme
The Khazanah-Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Merdeka Scholarships, established to mark the 50th anniversary of Malaysia's independence, are intended to enable outstanding Malaysian students to undertake postgraduate study at the University of Oxford. Subject areas may be drawn from a range of fields.
Candidates are required to demonstrate a high level of academic achievement, and how their study will make a contribution to the future needs of Malaysia. Awards will include university and college fees, accommodation and subsistence allowances, and return air fares.
- Candidates, must be citizen of Malaysia, should have an excellent record of academic achievement and a proven capacity for independent research.
- Attention will also be given to the personal qualities of the candidates in terms of their leadership potential and ability to communicate.
- Candidates will be expected to show how their future careers and wider interests of Malaysia will benefit from a period of study at Oxford.
- Award of scholarship is condition to candidates secured placement in University of Oxford.
- Economics, Finance, Investment, Law, Actuarial Science
- Bio-chemistry, Bio-technology, Bio-engineering, Molecular Biology, Genomics and Bio-informatics
- Electronics, Micro-Electronics, Nano-technology, Materials Science
How to Apply
To apply, applicants are required to submit the following:
- The completed application form. Click here to download the application form
- A signed personal statement of not more than 1,000 words that includes a description of the intended area of study and describe how this will benefit Malaysia. The statement should also outline the applicant's reasons for wanting to study at Oxford, and summaries the personal qualities that would make them a worthy recipient of a scholarship
- A list of academic qualifications and other awards and honours received
- A statement of the status of their application to the University of Oxford
- Two confidential letters of recommendation from referees who can assess in details the applicant's academic performance and potential. Two recommendation letters must reach the Oxford Centre for Islamic studies by the application deadline.
All correspondence should be addressed to:
The Academic Administrator,Link: http://www.yayasankhazanah.com.my
Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies,
Oxford OX1 2 AR, UK
Tel: 44 1865 278730
Fax: 44 1865 248942
Email: [email protected]