4 April 2012
The Star advocates the importance of education in building a knowledge society. To support this cause, The Star Education Fund was initiated in 1994 with the primary aim of providing educational opportunities to deserving and needy young Malaysians. Each year, The Star collaborates with various local and overseas educational institutions to realise this aspiration. For 2012, the scholarships offered by our education partners are listed below.
Applications are now open to Malaysians for scholarship awards offered by the following educational institutions.
- be Malaysian citizens of not more than 25 years of age as at 1st January 2012.
- have excelled in extra-curricular activities and active in sports.
- not be bonded to or in receipt of any financial aid or awards from other educational institutions or organizations.
- for Foundation / Diploma courses, applicants must possess reasonably good results in the SPM / UEC or equivalent.
- for the Higher and Advanced Diploma / Degree courses, applicants must possess reasonably good results in the STPM / A-Level / UEC or equivalent.
For further details on individual university's / college's scholarship awards and to obtain an application form, please download the form here or submit a stamped (60 sen) self-addressed envelope (25cm x 30cm) to:
ManagerCompleted application forms with the required certified supporting documents listed in the application forms must be received by (2) two weeks after the release of SPM or STPM results. Late applications will not be accepted. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.
The Star Education Fund
c/o Star Publications (M) Bhd
15 Jalan 16/11 Section 16
46350 Petaling Jaya Selangor
Students are encouraged to apply to the respective institutions for admissions separately.