8 April 2012
UEM Scholarship Programme
The UEM Scholarship Programme is an annual programme that supports the nation's objectives of creating elite scholars and serves as a talent supply chain in developing future leaders for the country.
The programme offers opportunities specifically for deserving outstanding and high-achieving Malaysians to pursue:
• Pre-university studies at our premier A-Level college, Kolej Yayasan UEM and Undergraduate studies at selected leading universities overseas.
• Undergraduate studies at selected IPTAs locally
In nurturing our scholars, leadership training and development activities and job attachments within the UEM Group of Companies are provided throughout the programme and within the bonded period.
• UEM Scholarships (Overseas) Open on 25 March 2012.
Undergo a pre-university programme at Kolej Yayasan UEM (KYUEM) at Lembah Beringin, after which proceed to study at a reputable university overseas, notably UK, US and Australia.
• UEM Scholarship (Local) Open in September
Study at a reputable local university.
Field of Study
The scholarships are available for any of the disciplines below:
• Business (Finance / Business Management / Accounting)
• Built Environment (Quantity Surveying / Town Planning / Land Surveying / Building Services / Building Management)
• Engineering (Civil / Mechanical)
• Arts and Social Science Study (Corporate Communications and International Relations / Psychology / Sociology)
*All courses are subject to trustees’ approval in the year of offering
For Overseas Study
• Form Five (5) students in 2011
• Excellent academic track record in Form 4 and 5, with no less than 7 A+/A in relevant subjects in the SPM examinations.
For Local Study
• STPM or matriculation students in 2011, results announced recently, for university enrollment in September 2012
• Outstanding Academic achievement in STPM/Matriculation with minimum CGPA of 3.50
All applicants must be Malaysian citizens. Proficient in English, hardworking, and possess positive personality traits. Having an outstanding extra-curricular record will be advantageous to your application.
The scholarship covers academic expenses including tuition and examination fees, air-fares (for overseas study), insurance, as well as allowances for books, computer and subsistence.
Terms and Conditions
• The applicant must have a good command of written and spoken English.
• The applicant must not be bonded to other institutions or organizations.
• The successful applicant shall not accept any other scholarships or forms of financial aid from other sources whatsoever while his/her agreement with UEM Group is still in force.
• The successful applicants are subject to (i) the terms and conditions stated in the scholarship and bond agreement, which the successful applicants and respective guarantors are required to enter with UEM Group; and (ii) pass a medical examination at any one of UEM's panel clinics/hospitals.
• Each applicant is responsible for all cost incurred in the course of applying for the UEM Group Scholarships.
• UEM Group shall not be responsible or liable for any problem, loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by the applicant(s) due to any delay and/or failure in submitting his/her application online as a result of any network, communication or system error, interruption and/or failure experienced by the applicant’s internet service provider and/or by UEM Group.
• All decisions of UEM Group in any matter in relations to the UEM Group Scholarships shall be final and no discussion or correspondence will be entertained.
• The applicants must complete all details requested by UEM Group as stated on UEM’s website and submit the same online on the respective closing dates as detailed on the website. Only applications submitted online shall be accepted.
• Only short-listed applicants will be notified by telephone call for an interview.
• The short-listed applicants must bring his/her original certificates during the interview.
• All application form already submit online must be printed by the applicant and must be acknowledged legally by Group A Government Servant or commended by ADUN/JKKK Head/Ketua Kampung.
Q: Who can apply for the UEM Group Scholarship?
A: The UEM Group Scholarship (Overseas) is open to all Malaysians to pursue a full time undergraduate programme. The Scholarship is eligible to Form 5 students in 2011 who obtained no less than 7A+/A in relevant subjects in the SPM examination.
A: The UEM Group Scholarship (Local) is open for STPM students in 2011 (result announced recently) and current matriculation students in their final semester (result in May. for university admission in September) with outstanding academic achievement in STPM/Matriculation with minimum CGPA of 3.50
Q: What does the scholarship cover?
A: The Scholarship covers full academic fees, subsistence, book allowances, equipment allowance (for non-business students), notebook and for tertiary studies overseas, one return air ticket.
Q: What are the criteria students must have to get this scholarship?
A: The students must:
• Have excellent academic track record in SPM (7A+/A and above) and Form 4 or outstanding Academic achievement in their pre-university qualification (STPM/Matriculation) with minimum CGPA of 3.50
• Have an outstanding extra-curricular record,
• Be proficient in English, hardworking, possess positive personality traits. Final selection will also be based on performance during the interview.
Q: Do you accept manual application?
A: No. We will consider online application only. Please refrain from submitting any form or hardcopy application, as it will not be entertained.
Q: What do I need to apply for the UEM Group Scholarship? How do I apply for the Scholarship?
A: Click here to apply online
Q: Am I allowed to switch my area of study?
A: No, unless with written approval from the Board of Trustees.
Q: If I were awarded the Scholarship, can I accept additional financial assistance from other organisations?
A: No. You must not be bonded or sponsored by any other organisations. However, financial or other assistance received from Welfare Department does not fall under this prohibition.
Q: Is there any bond? For how long?
A: Yes. A scholar will need to serve a 5 year-bond for overseas scholarship, 3 year-bond for local university scholarship.
Q: I need to clarify about the Scholarship, who can I call?
A: Enquires can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact +603 2727 6850 / 6851/ 6847. Applicable for Overseas applicant only
Q: How do I know that UEM has received my application?
A: After you click the ‘Submit’ button, you will receive an Application ID to confirm the submission. Please remember the application ID for your reference.
Q: What other documents must I submit with my application? Do I need to submit my transcripts, certifications, and application form by mail?
A: No. You are not required to submit any documents. The supporting documents are only needed during the interview session.
Q: I have just submitted my application online. Can I edit/review the application again?
A: Yes, you can edit/review your application by clicking at ‘Review’ button. Please remember your Application ID to go through this process.
Q: I received an error message during/after submit my application. What should I do?
A: The causes could be due to:
• Slow or intermittent internet connection
• Peak usage hour The following actions need to be taken:
• Copy and paste the error message text and codes and send it to email@example.com or
• Save the screen capture of the error message and send it to the above email.
Q: When can I check my application status?
A: You may check your application status two weeks after the closing dates by clicking at 'Review' button. Click here to apply online