30 June 2012
Entry requirements for Undergraduate Courses:
- Good ‘A’ Levels or school marks
- Engineering (AAB or AAA including Maths and Physical Science)
- Pass in recognised Foundation Programme (depending on the course)
- IELTS 6.5/7 equivalent
Entry Qualifications for Undergraduate Courses:
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM)
- A-levels (UK)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
- Advanced Diploma from a Malaysian College or University College
- Australian and Canadian Pre-U
- Nottingham Foundation
- Many other qualifications are accepted, please contact us for information.
English Language entry requirements IELTS / TOEFL / iB-TOEFL
- Undergraduate programmes (Bachelors) 6.5 / 580 / 92
- Postgraduate taught programmes (Masters) 6.5 / 580 / 92
- Postgraduate research programmes (PhD) 6.5 / 580 / 92
Field of Study
Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) / Master of Engineering (MEng) degrees in Mechanical engineering from 2012.Within the MEng framework you will have the opportunity to further specialize in:
- advanced materials
- engineering management
- naval engineering
- sustainable energy systems
We are offering qualified students an inauguration scholarship worth RM4,000 for the first two years of your degree. When you transfer to the UK campus for parts three and four you will receive a 20 per cent scholarship, which is worth approximately £3,000 per annum.A £300 annual credit is available to all undergraduate students at our UK campus to spend on sports, the arts, public transport and a host of other services.Please go to www.southampton.edu.my for the latest information.
How to Apply?
Apply online at www.ucas.com, the website for UCAS, the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service:
- You will be asked for an institution code name and number. Our code name is SOTON. Our number is S27.
- The application fee is £22 if you are applying to more than one university or college, or for more than one programme; £11 if you are just applying for a single programme at one institution. For more information, see the UCAS website.
For some courses, you need to request an application form directly from the Academic Unit. These include:
- All part time courses
- BA in Education and Training (Primary) with Qualified Teacher Status
- BA (Hons) Education and Training (PCET)
- Working with Children Foundation Degree
- Youth Work Foundation Degree.
If you are in any doubt about how you should apply, please check the relevant course pages for details. You will also find detailed course information in your prospectus.