13 March 2015: 14th Day after SPM 2014 Results Announcement (semakan tarikh keputusan SPM 2014 keluar)
List of Participating Universities and Colleges
- Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)
- BERJAYA University College of Hospitality
- Brickfields Asia College
- DASEIN Academy of Art
- Erican College
- Han Chiang College
- HELP University
- Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur (IUKL)
- INTI International College Kuala Lumpur
- INTI International College Subang
- INTI International University
- KBU International College
- KDU University College
- Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA)
- Management & Science University (MSU)
- Methodist College Kuala Lumpur
- Multimedia University
- New Era University College
- Nilai University College
- RENG College
- Saito College
- SEGi University
- Sentral College Penang
- Southern University College
- Sunway College
- Sunway College, Johor Bahru
- Sunway University
- Taylor's University
- The One Academy Of Communication Design
- The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus
- Tunku Abdul Rahman University College
- UCSI University Trust
- Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)
You may refer to the following application steps,
- Firstly, you have to register as a member in our Sin Chew Daily Education Fund online registration.
- After successfully register as member, you may log in to the online application through our sinchew.com.my website.
- After completely filled in the details, please print out the online application form (16 pages).
- You need to install Adobe Reader 9.5 or later and use Adobe Asian Fonts Packs / Font Fonts Packs - extended languages (Chinese) to open this form. Click here to download.
- After signing the application form, please attach together with other relevant documents, and post to the address as shown below.
- Pictures reference for documents submission : (Download PDF，5.32MB)
Please note that any false particulars, information, documents, untruthful material facts or misrepresentations will subject you to disqualification. The application form should be electronically submitted and printed out clearly and must be accompanied by the required documents and must be submitted before the published closing date. The selected course(s) must be clearly written or printed on the top left hand corner of the envelope. The “Sin Chew Daily Education Fund” ’s address is as follows:
Sin Chew Daily Education FundNote: Proof of posting is not proof of receipt.
Sin Chew Media Corporation Berhad (Corporate Communications & Promotion Dept.)
19 Jln Semangat
46200 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Applicants MUST fullfil the requirements below
- The applicant must be a Malaysian citizen below 26 years of age as at 1st January 2015, or born after 1st January 1990.
- Trial Examination results do not qualify for the scholarship award. Each person is only entitled to one application.
- The applicant must understand this scholarship is not cash award, but will be in the form of academic courses to be offered by the participating educational institutions (living expenses are excluded). Therefore, it is advisable to measure the basic cost of living before proceed with an application.
- Students must possess good results in SPM/A-Level/ STPM/ UEC or other equivalent qualifications. Students who have not obtained final results or certificate are not eligible to apply.
- Students must be active in sports and extra-curricular activities.
- Students must not be bonded or in receipt of any financial aid or rewards from other educational organizations or institutions.
- Only short-listed candidates would be notified for interview by the respective colleges/ Universities.
- The applicants must produce original copies of the examination results and all other relevant documents during the interview.
- The selection committee’s decision in all matters pertaining to the selection of the scholarship award is final and no appeal, inquiry or correspondence will be entertained.
- Students must meet the minimum requirement set by the Colleges/ Universities in order to be qualified for selection.
- Different Colleges/ Universities and courses have different entry requirements. Please log on to Sin Chew Daily Education Fund website address: http://www.sinchew.com.my/scedufund2015 or liase directly with the colleges or universities concerned for more details.
- The recipient is not to discontinue or switch Course or to take up any full or part time employment while pursuing the said Course without the prior written approval of “SCMCB” or The College/ University concerned unless such employment is part and parcel or related to the said Course
- The recipient is not allowed to participate in any form of illegal activity or join any unlawful organisations which in the opinion of “SCMCB” or The College/ University would embarrass or cause disrepute to all parties concerned throughout the study period.
- The recipient is to attend all classes, lectures, tutorials and lessons as required by the said Course regularly and diligently unless he or she is medically unfit to do so.
- Applicant must meet the minimum requirement set by Colleges/ Universities in order to be eligible for the next semester’s scholarship awards. The recipient is required to obey all rules and regulations of the participating College/ University at all time and is expected to conduct himself/herself in a respectable manner.
- The participating College/ University and “SCMCB” are not obligated to extend the award beyond the existing academic period.
- “SCMCB” reserve their right to add or amend the rules and regulations contained and course/ programme listed herein without prior notice. No complaint whatsoever shall be entertained.
- In the event of any conflict between the Chinese and English versions as stated in this application, the English version shall prevail and shall be the principal and primary text of interpretation.
- The awards are not directly offered by “SCMCB” but are offered by the participating educational institutions or other sponsors through “SCMCB” and the recipient may be required to sign a bond directly with the participating Colleges/ Universities if required to do so.