18 May 2014
The Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship: Asia Pacific
Recipients of the Google Anita Borg Scholarship: Asia Pacific will receive a scholarship amount specific to their local region in respect to tuition. A group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool across Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Korea, Southeast Asia and India. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate's academic background and demonstrated leadership. All scholarship recipients will be invited to attend an annual Google scholars’ retreat in a Google office in Asia Pacific in 2014.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be a female student enrolled in undergraduate or postgraduate study in the 2015 academic year.
- Be enrolled in a university in Asia Pacific, excluding Greater China* where we have an additional scholars’ retreat in China Mainland. Citizens, permanent residents, and international students are eligible to apply.
- Be majoring in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field.
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science.
Please complete the online application which includes:
- General background information (includes contact information and information about your current and intended academic for the 2014-2015 school year).
- Current resume.
- Academic transcripts from your current university (and prior institution if currently in graduate school).
- Responses to three essay questions.