" This Scholarship Fund builds on an established relationship between MAPCU and the New Straits Times. In providing these scholarships, contributing MAPCU members can play an instrumental role in giving back to society.”
- President of MAPCU, Dr Parmjit Singh
April 13, 2008
1. The value of each scholarship shall be RM10,000 or more by way of waiver of tuition fee.
2. All courses must be undertaken and completed in Malaysia.
3. The scholarships are for different types of courses in terms of disciplines and levels.
4. Scholarships available are for the following levels of study :
i) Diploma and Certificate courses
ii) Degree courses
iii) Post Graduate Courses
5. The duration of courses range from 1 to 4 years
6. Students are allowed to apply to more than one institution but only one scholarship offer will be made.
7. The scholarship programme will be for intakes in 2008, subjected to availability
8. Applicants may apply to participating institutions based on their forecast result. However the award of scholarship shall only be made on receipt of the detail results.
1. To be eligible for the scholarship programme, applicants must meet the following general requirements :
a) Applicants must be Malaysian citizens.
b) Applicants must possess good academic results in SPM/‘O’ Level, UEC and/or STPM/‘A’ Level examinations or equivalent.
c) Applicants must qualify to gain admission to the participating institution for the relevant course.
d) Applicants must be active in sports and/or co-curricular activities.
e) Applicants must possess leadership qualities and be self motivated.
f) Applicants must be financially deserving.
g) Applicants must not already be in receipt of any scholarships, financial aid or award from other educational institutions or organizations.
h) Applicants must abide by the terms and conditions of the NST Learning Curve Scholarship Fund.
i) Applicants must abide by all other terms and conditions of the awarding institution, including any bond required.
2. Download the application form. Completed applications are to be submitted : -
a) By hand at the guard house:
The New Straits Times Press (Malaysia) Berhad,
Balai Berita Bangsar
31 Jalan Riong
59100 Kuala Lumpur
b) Mail to :
NST Learning Curve Scholarship Fund 08
PO Box 10049
Pejabat Pos Besar
50902 Kuala Lumpur.
3. Only short-listed applicants will be called for interview.