31 March 2016 10PM
ASEAN Scholarships: Pre-University One Scholarships
The application period for the AY2017 ASEAN Scholarships for Malaysia is from 15 February 2016 (6.00 am) to 31 March 2016 (10.00 pm).
Students from Malaysia who wish to enter Singapore schools at the Pre-University 1 level under the ASEAN Scholarships are welcome to apply for the Pre-University awards. Candidates who are not short-listed for the scholarships may be considered for the Merit Awards.
Students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for the scholarship:
- Nationals of Malaysia
- Born in 1998 – 2000
- Currently in Form 5 (or equivalent) or have taken the 2015 SPM / GCE O-Level Examination
- Have done consistently well in their school examinations
- Proficiency in English and a good record of participation in co-curricular activities
Any dates given below are tentative and are subject to changes.
- Application Period 15 February 2016 - 31 March 2016
- Selection Test June 2016
- Selection Interview August 2016
- Award of Scholarship October 2016
- Arrival of Scholar in Singapore January 2017
Applicants are to apply on-line by using the online application system.
Please refer to FAQs if you encounter difficulties during application. For further enquiries, please contact our customer service centre at +65 6872 2220.
All applications should reach the Singapore Ministry of Education before the closing date, 31 March 2016.
Test and Interview Cities
The selection tests and interviews will be conducted in the following cities:
- Kota Kinabalu
- Kuala Lumpur
Kota Kinabalu, Kuching and Penang may be used as Test / Interview Centre if there are sufficient short-listed candidates.
Terms and Conditions
- Annual allowance of S$2,400 with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance of S$500 (once only)
- Return economy class air passage (for East Malaysians) or S$50 return transport allowance (for West Malaysians)
- Coverage of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
- Coverage of GCE O-Level and A-Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover