31 March 2016 10PM
ASEAN Scholarships: Secondary One Scholarships
The application period for the AY2017 ASEAN Scholarships for Malaysia is from 15 February 2016 (6.00 am) to 31 March 2016 (10.00 pm).
Students from Malaysia who wish to enter Singapore schools at the Secondary 1 level under the ASEAN Scholarships are welcome to apply for the Secondary 1 awards. Candidates who are not short-listed for the scholarships may be considered for the Merit Awards.
Students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for the scholarship:
- Nationals of Malaysia
- Born between 2002–2004
- Currently in Standard 6 or Form 1
- Have done consistently well in their school examinations
- Proficiency in English and a good record of participation in co-curricular activities
Any dates given below are tentative and are subject to changes.
- Application Period : 15 February 2016 - 31 March 2016
- Selection Test: June 2016
- Selection Interview: August 2016
- Award of Scholarship: October 2016
- Arrival of Scholar in Singapore: December 2016
Applicants are to apply on-line by using the online application system.
Please refer to FAQs if you encounter difficulties during application. For further enquiries, please contact our customer service centre at +65 6872 2220.
All applications should reach the Singapore Ministry of Education before the closing date, 31 March 2016.
Test and Interview Cities
The selection tests and interviews will be conducted in the following cities:
- Kota Kinabalu
- Kuala Lumpur
Kota Kinabalu, Kuching and Penang may be used as Test / Interview Centre if there are sufficient short-listed candidates.
Terms and Conditions
- Annual allowance of S$2,200 (Secondary) / S$2,400 (Pre-University) with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance of S$400 (once only)
- Return economy class air passage (for East Malaysians) or S$50 return transport allowance (for West Malaysians)
- Coverage of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
- Coverage of GCE O-Level and A-Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover