2 April 2016
Yayasan Sime Darby Undergraduate Scholarship Programme (Indonesia)
Yayasan Sime Darby invites qualified students who are in the first year and students who will commence their undergraduate programme in September 2016 to apply for education sponsorship to pursue undergraduate studies at recognised Indonesian universities approved by YSD.
We are looking for well-rounded Malaysian candidates who have attained excellent academic achievement, demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities and who devote time to make an impact to the community through their extra-curricular activities.
Eligibility and Minimum Requirement
Applicant for this programme must fulfill the following requirements:
- Age 25 years or below;
- STPM/ Pre-University/ Foundation/ Local Matriculation/ Diploma (minimum CGPA of at least 3.00); or 3A’s for A-Level programme;
- Total monthly gross household income of RM10,000 and below;
- Active participation in extra-curricular activities, sporting event and community service;
- Strong leadership qualities through various leadership positions held in school and societies;
- Good communication skills.
Accepted Fields of Study
Scholarships will be offered to candidates who are inclined to pursue the following fields of study, subject to university’s admission offer:
1. Business related courses:
- International Business
- Mechanical Engineering
- Information Technology/Information System
- Actuarial Science
- Mathematics/Statistical Science
- Agricultural Science
- Environmental Science
- Plantation Technology
Accepted Universities (Indonesia)
Below is the list of universities in Indonesia, accepted by YSD for the scholarship programme:
- Universitas Indonesia
- Universiti Gadjah Mada
- Institut Pertanian Bogor
- Institut Teknologi Bandung
Full scholarship includes tuition fees, living allowance, book allowance, computer allowance, shipping allowance, and flight ticket for beginning and end of study.
Recipients of scholarship will have the opportunity to undergo Scholars Development Programme and experience work exposure through internship within the Sime Darby Group of Companies.
Service Bond Period
On completion of studies, scholars will be required to serve Sime Darby Group of Companies for 5 to 6 years, depending on the duration and value of the award.
Online application for 2015 intake is available from 3 March to 2 April 2016.
Incomplete applications and applications with insufficient supporting documents will be rejected.
Applicants will have to fill up and pass the eligibility check to apply for the scholarship. Applicants who pass the eligibility check will immediately receive via e-mail the login details to submit the application form via YSD scholarship portal (YSMS). Please read the Frequently Asked Questions and the Online Application Guidelines before you proceed.
Important guidelines on online application form (only for applicant who has passed eligibility checking):
- Login password must consist of alphanumeric character with at least one upper case
- To click save button at each page before proceeding to the next page
- Parents Mykad (front & back) to be scanned in a same page and uploaded as one attachment
- Individual attachment size must not exceed 1MB (file size can be reduced by adjusting printer/scanner resolution or by compressing the file)
- The answer given for page 11 of 12 should not exceed 500 characters in total. Characters refer to alphabet, symbols, numbers and etc. Make sure your answers are within the limit otherwise, you will not be able to properly submit your application.