2 April 2016
Yayasan Sime Darby Diploma Bursary Programme
Yayasan Sime Darby invites qualified students who are in the first year and students who will commence their diploma programme in September 2016 to apply for this programme. This bursary programme offers financial assistance to those from low income family background to pursue their tertiary education locally.
YSD believes that financial limitations should not hinder anyone from reaching their academic goals. Hence, this programme will enable the bright, underprivileged students to maximize their full potentials academically.
Eligibility and Minimum Requirement
Applicant for this programme must fulfill the following requirements:
- Aged 25 years or below;
- Minimum 5 credits for SPM 2015 examination/ Foundation/ Local Matriculation/ Diploma (minimum CGPA of at least 3.00);
- For ongoing student, the latest CGPA is 3.00;
- Total monthly gross household income of RM3,000 and below.
Accepted Fields of Study and Universities
The bursary opens to individuals pursuing any fields of study in any recognised academic institutions in Malaysia except for :
- Medicine in local public and private academic institutions;
- Allied health sciences related in local private academic institutions.
This bursary award covers tuition fees, living and book allowance up to a maximum amount of RM25,000 per year.
Note: The scholarship will only cover expenses incurred after the award to recipients (i.e. upon execution of the scholarship agreement).
Service Bond Period
The bursary recipient is not bonded with Sime Darby as you are not required to serve the Company.
Online application for 2015 intake is available from 3 March to 2 April 2016.
Incomplete applications and applications with insufficient supporting documents will be rejected.
Applicants will have to fill up and pass the eligibility check to apply for the scholarship. Applicants who pass the eligibility check will immediately receive via e-mail the login details to submit the application form via YSD scholarship portal (YSMS). Please read the Frequently Asked Questions and the Online Application Guidelines before you proceed.
Important guidelines on online application form (only for applicant who has passed eligibility checking):
- Login password must consist of alphanumeric character with at least one upper case
- To click save button at each page before proceeding to the next page
- Parents Mykad (front & back) to be scanned in a same page and uploaded as one attachment
- Individual attachment size must not exceed 1MB (file size can be reduced by adjusting printer/scanner resolution or by compressing the file)
- The answer given for page 11 of 12 should not exceed 500 characters in total. Characters refer to alphabet, symbols, numbers and etc. Make sure your answers are within the limit otherwise, you will not be able to properly submit your application.
- Applicants born in Peninsular Malaysia - Click HERE to apply
- Applicants born in Sabah and Sarawak - Click HERE to apply