11 March 2014
January ~ February every year
Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for Japanese Studies
Overview: ( English / Chinese )
THE JAPANESE GOVERNMENT (MONBUKAGAKUSHO:MEXT) SCHOLARSHIPS 2014 FOR JAPANESE STUDIES
The Embassy of Japan is pleased to announce that the Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho:MEXT) Scholarships for Japanese Studies and Teacher Training is now open for application until 11th March 2014. Qualified Malaysian nationals who would like to pursue their studies in Japan are invited to apply. During the term of scholarship, monthly allowances of approximately 117,000 yen (approx RM3,800) will be given to each Japanese Studies grantee, and 143,000 yen (approx RM4,600) to Teacher Training grantee (amount is subject to change). Fees for entrance examination, matriculation and tuition at universities will be exempted. A round-trip airplane ticket is also provided.
1. Japanese Studies (1-year non-degree course from October 2014)
a) Applicants must be between 18 and 29 years of age as of 1st April 2014 (born between 2nd April 1984 and 1st April 1996).
b) Applicants must be 2nd or 3rd year undergraduate students (must not be final year students)
majoring in Japanese Language or Japanese Culture enrolled in non-Japanese universities.
c) Applicants must have good command of Japanese Language.
d) Application for Japanese Studies Scholarship must reach the Embassy of Japan by 4:00pm on
11th March 2014. For details, please call 03-2177-2600 (ext. 157/146) or visit http://www.my.emb-japan.go.jp/English/JIS/education/scholarship/scholarship.htm
Application Guidelines & Forms / Course Guidebook
Guidelines & Forms / Course Guidebook
January ~ February Submit application form by due date.
March Interview. Only successful candidates will be notified to attend the interview.
August Notification of final result.
October Depart to Japan.
(1) Late submissions will not be entertained no matter what reasons are given.
(2) Applications without sufficient documents (stated in the guidelines) will not be considered.
(3) Submitted application forms and documents will not be returned, whatever reasons given.
(4) The decision on successful candidates made by the Embassy of Japan is final. Any queries on the final decision will not be entertained.