31 March 2017
About Genting Malaysia Scholarship Award
The Genting Malaysia Scholarship is aimed to help ambitious students across Malaysia reach their fullest potential. Transform your life now and prepare for the brilliant future you have always desired.
Let us fuel your ambitions! Don’t put your future on hold! Apply today and let us open up your world to endless possibilities.
The Genting Malaysia Scholarship Award (GENM Scholarship) provides qualified young Malaysians with the golden opportunity to further their studies locally or overseas. We offer financial assistance for students who have excelled academically and demonstrated active leadership to undergo their undergraduate studies. This scholarship will help qualified recipients to establish a strong foundation for their future. Preference is given to the following fields, but not limited to:
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Parks & Recreation Science
- Event Management
- Finance / Accounting
- Business / Marketing
- Engineering (Electrical / Mechanical / Civil)
- Information Technology
- and more!
Applicants must meet the following criteria when applying for the Genting Malaysia scholarship:
- Malaysian citizen aged 23 years and below.
- Must be waiting for admission to pursue a full-time degree course in a local or overseas university. Those already pursuing a degree are not eligible.
- Must possess the requisite pre-university qualification:
- STPM: minimum 3 As, OR
- Matriculation/Diploma: CGPA 3.5 or above, OR
- A-Level: minimum 3 As, OR
- Australian TER: minimum 90.0, OR
- Recognized foundation/Pre-university courses: equivalent to CGPA 3.5 or above, OR
- International Baccalaureate: minimum 36.0
- Local public universities and local private universities listed HERE
- Overseas universities as listed in the Top 100 QS World University Rankings by Subject
- Overseas Studies – Public Service Department at http://www.interactive.jpa.gov.my/webinteraktif/frmMainIktiraf.asp|
- Local Private Studies – Malaysian Qualifications Agency at http://www.mqa.gov.my/
- Note: Courses listed in the links above are recognized by Malaysia only.
How to Apply Genting Malaysia Scholarship?
- All scholarship applications and supporting documents must be submitted via the online submission system before the closing date.
- All required fields (i.e. personal particulars, information on courses applied, particulars of parent/guardian, education background, etc.) must be completed. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Applicants must submit the following supporting documents together with their application form:
- Passport-sized photograph
- Education certificates (STPM/A-Level and/or Diploma certificates, university acceptance/offer letter, etc.)
- Updated resumé - including applicant's co-curricular/extra-curricular activities, achievements and certificates
- Parent's/Guardian's Income Tax J-Form
- One (1) page PowerPoint summary of yourself, illustrating your personal profile, aspirations, academic background, and any other relevant facts.
- The total size for all attached documents should not exceed 6MB and each attachment’s size should not exceed 500KB. Please ensure that you meet the size requirements before submission because you will not be able to submit your application otherwise.
- Optional: Applicants are encouraged to submit a Vsume uploaded onto Youtube (>60 seconds) as an added advantage.
Application deadline: 31 March 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview.