31 March 2017
Yayasan Sime Darby Undergraduate Scholarship Programme (Local)
Yayasan Sime Darby invites qualified students who are in the first year and students who will commence their undergraduate programme in September 2017 to apply for education sponsorship to pursue undergraduate studies at recognised Malaysian academic institutions approved by YSD.
We are looking for well-rounded Malaysian candidates who have attained excellent academic achievement, demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities and potential and who devote time to make an impact to the community through their extra-curricular activities.
Eligibility and Minimum Requirement
Applicant for this programme must fulfill the following requirements:
- Age 25 years or below;
- STPM/ Pre-University/ Foundation/ Local Matriculation/ Diploma (minimum CGPA of at least 3.30); or 3A’s for A-Level programme;
- Total monthly gross household income of RM10,000 and below;
- Active participation in extra-curricular activities, sporting event and community service;
- Strong leadership qualities through various leadership positions held in school and societies;
Accepted Fields of Study
Scholarships will be offered to candidates who are inclined to pursue the following fields of study, subject to university’s admission offer:
- Business related courses:
- International Business
- Business Administration & Commerce
- Human Resource
- Digital Marketing
- Engineering and Sciences related courses:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Information Technology/Information System
- Actuarial Science
- Mathematics/Statistical Science
- Agricultural Science
- Environmental Science
- Plantation Technology
- Data Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science
Accepted Local Universities
Below is a list of local universities, endorsed by YSD for the scholarship programme:
- Universiti Malaya
- Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
- Universiti Putra Malaysia
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas
- Monash University Malaysia
- The University of Nottingham
Full scholarship covers tuition fees, living allowance, books allowance and computer allowance.
Recipients of scholarship will have the opportunity to undergo Scholars Development Programme and experience work exposure through internship within the Sime Darby Group of Companies.
Note: The scholarship will only cover expenses incurred after the award to recipients (i.e. upon execution of the scholarship agreement).
Service Bond Period
On completion of studies, scholars will be required to serve Sime Darby Group of Companies for 2 to 4 years, depending on the duration and value of the award.
Click here to apply online.
Applications close 31st March 2017.