17 April 2017
Lion-Parkson Undergraduate Scholarship Features
- Full or partial sponsorship to degree (subject to a standard maximum amount per scholar)
- Training encompassing communication and leadership skills during semester breaks
- Structured Intership during semester breaks
- Employment with Lion Group upon graduation
The field of study must be related to the Lion Group of Companies core businesses, namely in the following disciplines:
- Retail Management
- Computer Science/ Information Technology
- Material/ Applied Science
- Accountancy/ Finance
- Property & Real Estate/ Building Management
The Scholarships are awarded to Malaysian students to pursue full time undergraduate studies (1st Degree course) and who have gained admission into recognized Public and Private Universities in Malaysia.
Open to applicants with a score of minimum 3 As & 1 B in STPM, CGPA 3.50 and above in Matriculation or at Diploma level, or minimum 5 As in UEC, who are active in sports and extra-curricular activities.
Applicants must not be bonded or receiving any form of financial aid or award from other educational institutions or organizations.
- Open to all Malaysian Citizens who wish to pursue tertiary education.
- Applicants must score a minimum of 3 As & 1 B in STPM, CGPA 3.50 and above in Matriculation or at Diploma level, or minimum 5 As in UEC.
- Applicants should complete all parts of this form carefully and legibly.
- The Scholarship Application Form and all related documents should be submitted online via the Lion Parkson Foundation website on www.lion.com.my by 17 April 2017.
- No enquiries will be entertained after the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.
- Please submit your application only ONCE.
Q: I am a SPM leaver; can I apply for the LPF scholarship?
A: No, this is only applicable for STPM, Matriculation or Diploma leavers.
Q: What is the coverage of the LPF Scholarship?
A: RM10000 per academic year.
Q: Will I have to serve any bond with the Lion Group upon graduation?
A: Yes, upon graduation the successful scholar will serve a bond period per their course period. During this bond period, you will be assigned suitable positions() within the Lion Group of Companies. The aim is to develop you through exciting, challenging work experience, exposures and formal (in class) learning.
Q: How long is the bond period?
A: The bond period is the same as your course period i.e. 12 months for each year of scholarship received.